Like Tree41Likes

McDonalds Next, in Admiralty, Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    For a place called Shake Shack the shakes are pretty crap. Basically the same kind of thing you would get at McD or BK. If you like shakes with your franchise burger then Triple O's is a much better option.
    Again - Shake Shack is not selling itself as tasting better but as being made from higher quality and fresher ingredients.

I would never eat a McD/BK burger because it's highly processed crap, regardless of how it tastes. If I'm getting a burger I want one made from meat that was ground and shaped somewhere nearby and fairly recently.
    TheBrit, Skyhook and Kowloon Goon like this.

Hipsters in HK are not the bearded ones, and they don't eat expensive gourmet burgers (though we all know HK has plenty of those overpriced and sometimes tasty buns). They're not made in the same way, but the end results are like 80% fascimiles from my experience. What we want though (OK, I want) is In N Out! They are not hipster and not expensive but very tasty. Sigh. Their conservative growth family based decision making is quite annoying to fans who don't live in California/some neighboring states.

I've had shake shack before, and their stuff was good. Triple-O's I'd rather not do. I guess if I had to choose between McD and them I'd go Triple O, but wouldn't choose them otherwise.

In n Out burger is the best fast food burger chain in the world. Nothing can come close in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    In n Out burger is the best fast food burger chain in the world. Nothing can come close in my opinion.
    What makes it better? Just curious. (I lived in the bay area for a few years and ate there at least once a week... I wouldn't say it's the best fast food burger in the world but definitely better than McDonalds or Wendy's)

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    What makes it better? Just curious. (I lived in the bay area for a few years and ate there at least once a week... I wouldn't say it's the best fast food burger in the world but definitely better than McDonalds or Wendy's)
    Taste!

What would you say is the best fast food burger chain in the world then?

I've been to the nice Mcdonalds in Admiralty a few times while passing through and needing a snack. I just go for the nicer environment and there are usually more seats available. Most of the food available is the same as other McDonalds apart from maybe the salad bar.

In the other discussion, I think Butcher's Club is the best burger in HK. Just a bit expensive so I won't have it that often as a Big Mac. Shake Shack is a bit better than McDonalds but not worth the extra cost.

Original Post Deleted
    Still there, unless it closed last week?
    https://www.elementshk.com/eng/eleme...d=17&type=ding

Didn't really care for the Admiralty McDonalds. Too many teenagers, but everything wasn't very good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Still there, unless it closed last week?
    https://www.elementshk.com/eng/eleme...d=17&type=ding
    It is still there, I walked past it late last week.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Yeah, it's been there for a while.

Not quite as fancy as the McDonalds in Mongkok. This one:

- Sleeps about 12-15 people
    - Has food waste management
    - Has Karaoke
    - Has fried rice and other Asian food options