Like Tree41Likes

McDonalds Next, in Admiralty, Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Original Post Deleted
    Eric Kayser has expanded significantly in the past few years. Not sure when you left. And they do very nice burger buns
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I want to point out that there are actually nowadays a number of good bakeries here. I think this has changed rather drastically in my time here, especially as some gentrification has swept parts of Hong Kong island. One of the good ones near me does an outstanding hamburger bun. (And one develops an unhealthy taste for a cocktail bun tea-time snack...)

Quote Originally Posted by AmRa6:
    @tf19 I agree with just about everything you have posted. Except while a double double or triple triple will increase the meat to bun ratio, each patty is still same small one, and size does matter when it comes to juiciness.
    What is your favorite burger in HK?
    @Skyhook Have you ever tried stuffing the patty with cheese? I saw this a couple of years ago and it adds another level to have gooey cheese melting from the middle.
    Like your style Amra6 I'll try that..

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:

On In n Out fries....People love to see and hear the satisfying 'thwak' of the teenager cutting fresh potatoes in full sight of the restaurant - unfortunately this gimmick results in an inferior product. Fresh spuds need a good soak in water to leech the excess starch and ideally a double fry to achieve a fluffy interior and crisp exterior. It's how the French do it, and hell, it's technically how McDonalds does it.
    This is why you ask for the In-N-Out fries "well done". Here's your insider's menu for your next visit.

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2011/03/...cret-menu.html

Original Post Deleted
    yes for all the good food here, the bakeries are a joke. I don't know why it's so hard to get good bread. Actually I think they make it local to some extent and ruin everything! EVERYTHING!

Also, I don't think In n out patties are dry. Why would they be they are grilled fresh. McD, Burger King, now those are some dry a... patties.
    Fries are a largely personal preference thing, and McD or Burger King has their followers. I like the In N Out ones as they feel more like a real potatoe. McD just feels like they add stuff in it even though they say they don't. I still like those too though haha.

Original Post Deleted
    Chic-fil-a is fine. Allegedly the SS Chicken-Shack took inspiration from CFA similarly to how the Shackburger took inspiration from Steak n Shake. While the qualify of the meat is pretty good - I actually spent a high school summer working at Chick-fil-a so I can attest that the meat undergoes almost no processing other than a brine in pickle juice - I am less impressed with the crispiness / cragginess of the crust. The Chicken-Shack, Bojangles and Fuku get the exterior crispiness right IMO.

I do love their waffle fries however.

If you are ever in Sunny Queensland......This burger has been the most awesome ( tasting ) experience I've really enjoyed yet, cooked and prepared by Chef Corey at Woodword Gardens Cafe, ( Woodford Sunshine Coast of Queensland) a few minutes drive from where our property is. Chips/fries double cooked in duck fat and a juicy in house seasoned, juicy, plump, Wagyu Beef pattie in the burger itself. just wow. Nobody in Hong Kong holds a candle to this eating experience, and in my opinion, considering its weight, for $18 Aussie,( $100HKD ) was more than worth the price. very nom nom nom My photo doesnt really do it any justice

Last edited by Skyhook; 30-05-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    shri likes this.

Carls Jr have just opened up shop out here in Queensland near us in Rothwell about 20 minutes away. I noticed it last week while I was getting my car detailed that it is finally now operational. What is the best thing to eat there at a Carls Jr generally speaking ? I didnt have time to try it out last week, but I'm planning to soon.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6