Like Tree14Likes

A Good Happy Hour in Central / Sheung Wan?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Most bars in LKF have a HH at least till 9 some till 10pm. Discount differs from bar to bar (2for1, 50%, 40% etc...) so plenty of choice I would say.
    Not when the crowd is 60+ yearold geezers.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    In that case just stay away from the clubs with the very young people but otherwise 60+ geezers will have a good time at any bar in LKF watching the parade...

Original Post Deleted
    Still stinks when you're sober.
    TheBrit likes this.

Why not ask Nameste Kitchen if they can take a private reservation and make a good offer for drinks? They tend to be quite flexible, I think. To me, pretty good food.

https://goo.gl/maps/YPCWHYohoraWgGKy8

(If you were really being dirt cheap -- BYOB to IFC terrace.)

There's another place around the corner that may be desperate for business and might have a good offer, but I only have one lunch experience there (and can't remember anything about it):
    https://goo.gl/maps/gVHSSy9YRMiywmmq5

Are we invited shri?

shri likes this.

Are we invited shri?
    It's a very different group from the normal GeoExpat folks. These are people I have to fax invitations to.

At some point in life, I'm going to start a secret club called Thiende. When that happens, no one will know where we're meeting, no one will be invited but if they magically show up, they'll be entered as members.

I suspect with those rules the club might not take off.

Lets see...
    Trebor likes this.

By the way +1 for the KonFusion recommendation!

Sad that they like many other recommendations here cant be arsed to maintain a website and I cannot be arsed to log into my Facebook account to contact them!

By the way +1 for the KonFusion recommendation!

Sad that they like many other recommendations here cant be arsed to maintain a website and I cannot be arsed to log into my Facebook account to contact them!
    And the phone? Is it a bit like this...

https://xkcd.com/530/
    shri likes this.

I hate the phone more than I hate Facebook. Have always preferred to send an email or a IM and to let the other person take their time to reply.

In that case, may I suggest Sun Yat Sen Memorial Park for a few rounds of Mahjong. They even let you bring your own large Tsingtaos.
    shri likes this.

Just go to LKF. Lots of places. Lots. They compete with each other for that all important lucrative Happy Hour crowd! Sheung Wan doesn’t really have that many places. Just walk to LKF or Soho area. Then the world is yours! Cheers!