Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Kid friendly afternoon tea

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Completely random idea ... take your guests to The Pulse in Repulse Bay? They can run around on the beach while you enjoy your lunch / coffee?

Or switch your venue to a kid-playroom which has a coffeeshop or restaurant attached to it? Somewhere like Bun & Fun in Mid Levels (a kids playroom with a coffee shop on Caine Road) - tons of these around, although I'm not sure how many of them have an area where parents can go enjoy a snack / coffee.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bu...!4d114.1511347
    The food at Bun and Fun is awful.

If the point is to take a friend to a nice afternoon tea then a kids playroom with tepid coffee is really not going to fit the bill.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Its a playroom
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Anywhere with alfresco seating away from cars should be fine. The kids will be thrilled to have some space to run around while you can easily keep an eye on them.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    OP is American so that shouldn't be a problem. As long as it comes with ketchup and in obscene portions he'll be like a pig in shit
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White
    Jamies Italian in Causeway Bay had a kids area.. This was a while ago, not sure if they still do. Call them and check.
    probably closed down by now, the uk chain went in to administration a month ago, presumably hk one probably similar fate

Ikea at Kowloon Bay and Tsuen Wan has nice play room (supervised as well) for kids above 100cm up to 120cm for 30 mins during weekdays, 20mins for weekends, free as well, while the food is ok and it's not afternoon tea, there is a coffee section at kowloon bay as well as resturant, tsuen wan and shatin only have restaurant, shatin one is really small as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    OP is American
    That's news to me

Thanks for all the tips, especially to merchantms, we almost ended up at Bun&Fun . That place looked perfect online.
    We are now at The Verandah, they have coloring books and pretty much every table has small kids. I'm sure we won't annoy anyone here.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    That's news to me

Thanks for all the tips, especially to merchantms, we almost ended up at Bun&Fun . That place looked perfect online.
    We are now at The Verandah, they have coloring books and pretty much every table has small kids. I'm sure we won't annoy anyone here.
    Enjoy! I find HK in general is pretty tolerant of small children in restaurants.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2