Like Tree14Likes

Kid friendly afternoon tea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kid friendly afternoon tea

Hey guys,

I currently have friend with small kids (3 + 6 years old I think) over and would like to take them to have afternoon tea somewhere nice. Are there nice places that offer kids play corners or toys etc for them to keep occupied while the grown ups are having a chat? I usually just go to the Verandah in Repulse Bay or the Peninsula, but I'm not sure those are a good idea with small kids.

I've been to all the big hotels for afternoon tea but haven't seen any that have a kids play area.

We've taken young children to JW Marriott and Grand Hyatt but we weren't looking to have them play separately. 3 and 6 year olds should be able to sit well and enjoy it. You can always pack an iPad also

mrgoodkat and Kowloon Goon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    I've been to all the big hotels for afternoon tea but haven't seen any that have a kids play area.

We've taken young children to JW Marriott and Grand Hyatt but we weren't looking to have them play separately. 3 and 6 year olds should be able to sit well and enjoy it. You can always pack an iPad also
    Well, they aren't exactly "well behaved" that's why I'm asking. I don't wanna ruin anyone elses afternoon.

I don't think many places offer that sort of thing as most HK families outsource parenting to the maid rather than a restaurant or hotel.

mrgoodkat and Kowloon Goon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Well, they aren't exactly "well behaved" that's why I'm asking. I don't wanna ruin anyone elses afternoon.
    I mean...they are so badly behaved that they can't be taken out to a restaurant at all?

A few places have a play area in weekend brunch but they're very small and for children much younger than 6. So if the 6 year old can't sit still then I don't know if there's anywhere you'd be able to take them?

My children are babies/toddlers and they can get through afternoon tea at the above mentioned hotels so I'd be quite surprised a 3 and 6 year old can't unless there are some other developmental issues.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Completely random idea ... take your guests to The Pulse in Repulse Bay? They can run around on the beach while you enjoy your lunch / coffee?

Or switch your venue to a kid-playroom which has a coffeeshop or restaurant attached to it? Somewhere like Bun & Fun in Mid Levels (a kids playroom with a coffee shop on Caine Road) - tons of these around, although I'm not sure how many of them have an area where parents can go enjoy a snack / coffee.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bu...!4d114.1511347

Haven't been there myself, but at a recent gathering someone mentioned a place called Tong's Road House in Yuen Long which is a western restaurant with a decent children's play area. It was mentioned that there's free parking as well.

Here's the link:
    King Parrot Group : Tongs Road House Seafood and Grill

Another place to look into (haven't been myself):
    Mr Tree

Last edited by stanleyliving; 04-07-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

It may not be what you are looking for in terms of afternoon tea but if you have parents who want to catch up and chat while the kids run around this place is great, they have foosball / pool / darts / coloring books there is a large outdoor area as well for them to run around plus up stairs.

if you're coming from the island side you can take ferry from North Point pier and the hotel is right next to the hung hom pier, a very short walk. you can use their app to order food and it gets delivered to your table. Lots off food choices as well.

When we have 3 little princesses / divas when 3 families get together we usually go here and let them run loose

Dockyard | ??? Dockyard | ???

imparanoic, shri and mrgoodkat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    It may not be what you are looking for in terms of afternoon tea but if you have parents who want to catch up and chat while the kids run around this place is great, they have foosball / pool / darts / coloring books there is a large outdoor area as well for them to run around plus up stairs.

if you're coming from the island side you can take ferry from North Point pier and the hotel is right next to the hung hom pier, a very short walk. you can use their app to order food and it gets delivered to your table. Lots off food choices as well.

When we have 3 little princesses / divas when 3 families get together we usually go here and let them run loose

Dockyard | ??? Dockyard | ???
    dockyard is great, ok food, great for kids, good parking around the other hotel around 5 mins walk, also mtr only 6 mins walk whampoa, asides the facilites, it's next to the promenade so there will be great sea views and a lot of wide area
    chuckster007 likes this.

Jamies Italian in Causeway Bay had a kids area.. This was a while ago, not sure if they still do. Call them and check.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast