Like Tree13Likes

Finding proper French /crusty bread in Hong Kong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A (sort of) follow-up:
    Much as I might like "Crispy Bread" - with only three teeth left, and two "full sets" of "Fake Teeth" in my gob - & they are necessary to be preserved.

Diabetes caused the "death" of my (real) gnashers over the years.

Has anyone sighted "Malt Bread" anywhere in HK ??

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    A friend swears by the Joel Robochon L'atalier. No clue if it is still open and what it costs, but apparently reasonable and worth the time spent going there.
    The last time we had this discussion it was at the landmark.
    It was still there as of 3 weeks ago.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia
    Passion does good bread.
    I can attest to this, I tried one of their roast beef sandwiches yesterday along with an English breakfast tea. The bread was properly crusty and a had a great texture, with the crumbs splattering everywhere on the table as I bit into the sandwich. The tea was nice also with a biscottii included, always appreciated.
    Name:  IMG_20191117_113412.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  2.39 MB
    shri likes this.

Levain Bakery on Ship Street.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia
    A (sort of) follow-up:
    Much as I might like "Crispy Bread" - with only three teeth left, and two "full sets" of "Fake Teeth" in my gob - & they are necessary to be preserved.

Diabetes caused the "death" of my (real) gnashers over the years.

Has anyone sighted "Malt Bread" anywhere in HK ??

Is malt bread generally soft? I saw a bread at Ikea (CWB) that was called a malt bread but that like all of their breads (even the sourdoughs) are very soft.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia
    Me? I'd love to get my gnashers around some MALT Bread - lost some of my incisors in them the last time I managed to find that bread many years ago.

I foolishly cut the slices toooo thick and ending up so loosening my front teeth that they were very effectively destroyed.

Never found any more of that sort of loaf in any of the Supermarkets - where it came from!

I'm living in Western district & really would live without such delectation if I had to seek it out North of Mongkok !!

Outback do malt bread, especially in the lunch set where its included.

And does everybody know the bread is unlimited? We once had 3 loaves

This is the one I was mentioning in Metroplaza. French bread in the back of this photo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2