Like Tree48Likes

Important !!! pasties in New Territories

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I believe he was expressing a preference, and by the same token, you have the right to disagree - but may be a little accommodation in the interest of inclusivity and harmony could be a better approach. Thanks! You just made me sound like a Monk
    imparanoic likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Being accommodating is not limited to agreement - it includes the “agree to disagree” option too

In my experience, the best pies in HK by far are at The Globe pub in Graham Street, Central, just off Hollywood Road
    - The Globe
    Good choice and made to order (half hour wait). Chunky chips and proper mushy peas. Stunning.

chobochobo likes this.

Whenever I go to the UK/ London, I buy some Pieminster pies and Mrs Kings pork pies to bring back. The Ginger pig does great bacon, but the they're a bit racist (the staff, not the bacon).

TheBrit likes this.

pastry/pastries and not pasties!!!

MatthieuTofu likes this.

For pasties, I would firstly try a traditional one, straight from the source (in my case, from Padstow in Cornwall). It was great, but there is (was) a wee bakery in Iron Bridge, Shropshire that did what for me was the perfect pasty - crisp, not too thick, suet pastry, chunks of meat with the right amount of seasoning, and swedes that retained their shape rather than being mush.

Of course, everyone knows if you want the best in pastry products, you can't go past a Yorkshire pork pie, eaten hot fresh from the oven. Go to Skipton, and across from the castle, tucked into the arches of the bridge is a tiny butchers that make a pie people queue for in the rain. Take the first bite carefully, the juices are hot, the rest really is heaven. The best breakfast to warm yourself on an early morning trip to the Lake District

But Greggs...lol. Filling food, could be described as tasty if you like the consistency that comes with processed mass-made 'food'.

Each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by fr09:
    pastry/pastries and not pasties!!!
    I think, as a general rule, food that is designed to be encased in pastry so as to facilitate eating on the go without requiring cutlery can be discussed by expats with many differing interpretations of the culinary artform.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    But Greggs...lol. Filling food, could be described as tasty if you like the consistency that comes with processed mass-made 'food'.
    Too much analysis - it’s all about taste and one of their fresh cream chocolate eclairs still give me a dopamine rush (Ok and probably a fast track to obesity and type 2 diabetes too)

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I think, as a general rule, food that is designed to be encased in pastry so as to facilitate eating on the go without requiring cutlery can be discussed by expats with many differing interpretations of the culinary artform.
    What fr09 and what MAinPengChau were probably referring to earlier
    https://www.wikihow.com/Wear-Pasties

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    What fr09 and what MAinPengChau were probably referring to earlier
    https://www.wikihow.com/Wear-Pasties
    Why would anyone refer to those on a food-related thread... unless male and 15