Like Tree48Likes

Important !!! pasties in New Territories

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I'm so looking forward to stuff my face with Cornish pasties, sausage rolls, pies when I go back to UK in end of June for 2 weeks holiday. look at some houses and set up accounts ready for the big move back in Q1 2021.

Skyhook and shri like this.

I've never really been a fan of pasties... always preferred pies but that might be spending my teens in Oz... when it comes to that kind of food, I'd have grabbed a Chiko Roll or Cornjack before a pasty but mostly a good old pie and sauce!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    I'm so looking forward to stuff my face with Cornish pasties, sausage rolls, pies when I go back to UK in end of June for 2 weeks holiday. look at some houses and set up accounts ready for the big move back in Q1 2021.

Congrats on the move
    Mr Chips and chuckster007 like this.

As I am from a Cornish family,I promise you,they are not hard to make.It's hard to beat my grandma's pasties,but if you look up the correct ingredients ,a fairly good one is possible.however the best are of course,made in Cornwall.

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007

Very exciting news on seeing your future move plans, Chuckster007. Very happy for you and your family, who will undoubtedly thrive like mine has once they got over the move, cultural adjustment and make new friends in their neighbourhood. :-)
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Having lived in Sai Kung for a couple of decades...

Mushroom Bakery located at G/Floor No.26 Yi Chun Street, Sai Kung Town make a pasty that's sort of passable and about as close as you're likely to find baked fresh in the HKG. Also likely at a more reasonable price than what Ali Oli charged in SK Square. I think I only patronized Ali Oli,once the whole time I lived in the area, Mushroom Bakery wasn't really my favorite either, but beggars cant be choosers in Hong Kong, when it comes to buying pies and pasties........disappointment always par for the course.
    Their sausage rolls aren’t too shabby or their bread. Best pasty I’ve had in HK is actually at Padstow in Pak Sha Wan. Allegedly the owner and chef experimented until they got something close to authentic.

Massive downside is their food and drinks are ridiculously overpriced on a quality vs value basis. Now I grant you that the seafood restaurants in SK aren’t cheap and it is a periodic treat for me but I’ve not had a bad meal at one time yet.

Actually another call out for Camden Town SK. Apart from the Chinnery and FCC (first corporate, second with a member) the best attempt at Fish ‘n Chips I’ve found in HK.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland
    Their sausage rolls aren’t too shabby or their bread. Best pasty I’ve had in HK is actually at Padstow in Pak Sha Wan. Allegedly the owner and chef experimented until they got something close to authentic.

Massive downside is their food and drinks are ridiculously overpriced on a quality vs value basis. Now I grant you that the seafood restaurants in SK aren’t cheap and it is a periodic treat for me but I’ve not had a bad meal at one time yet.

Actually another call out for Camden Town SK. Apart from the Chinnery and FCC (first corporate, second with a member) the best attempt at Fish ‘n Chips I’ve found in HK.
    I agree with you about the sausage rolls, which were the main thing we bought from them and the cottage pies they sold in little terracotta glazed pie bowls.

Can't comment on Padstow, which I remember when it opened, certainly drove past it 100's of times but never ate there, as Castello Group had other offerings in the area.

But yeah agree with what you said...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5