Like Tree118Likes

What are you cooking tonight?

Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623

    Invited to dinner at my neighbor's tonight. I'm bringing dessert. Cream cheese chocolate brownies (think cheese cake/brownie combo).

    https://www.kcet.org/food-discovery/...heese-brownies

    Name:  PXL_20211028_234106925.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  3.09 MB

    Flapster and tura like this.

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623

    Thai green curry with whatever I found in the refrigerator and cupboard (winter squash, mushrooms, baby corn, cherry tomatoes, greenbeans)

    Name:  PXL_20211101_011716546.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  2.32 MB

    Last edited by huja; 01-11-2021 at 09:42 AM.

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623

    Perfect for a cool autumn evening.
    Name:  PXL_20211108_023542267.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  2.13 MB

    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...=search&rank=1


  4. #104

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623

    Thin crust pizza
    Name:  PXL_20211201_015319124.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  2.93 MB


  5. #105

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    θ–„ζ‰Άζž—
    Posts
    42,340

    I have become paranoid of thin crust pizza made at home... turns out teeth breaking hard crust is not good for my teeth.


  6. #106

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I have become paranoid of thin crust pizza made at home... turns out teeth breaking hard crust is not good for my teeth.
    @shri
    Maybe you can post a picture and the recipe for the porridge you're having for dinner tonight.
    hullexile likes this.

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623

    Chocolate/Tahini brownies

    Name:  PXL_20211211_202021768.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  3.20 MB


  8. #108

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Chocolate/Tahini brownies

    Name:  PXL_20211211_202021768.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  3.20 MB
    Wife thought this was better than the cream cheese brownies. Ingredients immediately below. Directions in video.

    4 TSB (1/2 stick) salted butter plus more for pan

    4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

    16 grams (3 TBS) cocoa powder

    3 large eggs

    240 grams white sugar

    1 TBS kosher salt

    1 TBS vanilla extract

    180 g (3/4 cup) tahini paste

    43 g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour

    https://youtu.be/IioaMseijZw
    Last edited by huja; 12-12-2021 at 10:24 AM.

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,199
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Wife thought this was better than the cream cheese brownies. Ingredients immediately below. Directions in video.

    [
    Interesting... I always get a jar of tahini with good intentions to make hummus but never do and certainly never use it up. Any idea how long an opened jar of tahini lasts?

    Always found tahini quite dense and pasty so I wonder how it turns out in brownies...

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Interesting... I always get a jar of tahini with good intentions to make hummus but never do and certainly never use it up. Any idea how long an opened jar of tahini lasts?

    Always found tahini quite dense and pasty so I wonder how it turns out in brownies...
    Tahini makes it a very thick and sticky batter. You'll get a good workout whisking it. Also, be sure to buy the creamy, liquidy version rather than the paste for this recipe. It adds a deep complexity to the brownie so it's not a one-note SWEET dessert. A very light sprinkle of sea salt on top right before it goes into the oven made the sweetness of the sugar, the earthiness dark chocolate (I had 92% cacao on hand) and toasty notes of the tahini pop - think salted caramels. This would be heaven with a good cup of coffee.

    I keep my tahini in the refrigerator and I've never had a batch go bad.

Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast