Like Tree134Likes

What are you cooking tonight?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

What are you cooking tonight?

Tonight I made Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup using an Instant Pot pressure cooker. I used a recipe from a cooking show broadcast on the PBS channel (American public broadcast station). I've traveled to Taiwan regularly for decades and am very familiar with the dish and I'm disappointed to say the recipe I prepared tonight didn't even come close to the complexity of a good Niu Rou Mian broth. Will try a different recipe next time around.

This weekend I'm going to poach a chicken and steam rice using the poaching liquid. It'll be dressed with a ginger/scallion sauce. Classic Hainan Ji Fan. I've made this recipe before and it's solid.

How about you, GXP denizen? What's cooking?

Last edited by huja; 21-02-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Cornmeal and mrgoodkat like this.

Looks delicious.

Does everyone else here find themselves cooking much more often due to the virus? Do you think twice about food handling and utensil sterilization in addition to public settings?

I’m steaming a batch of face masks

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRandomer:
    I’m steaming a batch of face masks
    Your dinner parties must be a laugh riot.
    Cornmeal, rkenia852 and shri like this.

I made a tomahawk steak with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts with lardons. Having time to cook a proper dinner is about the only upside of the coronavirus. Check out Bon Apetit on YouTube for inspiration.

huja and shri like this.

Lunch will be a simple corned beef hash.

huja and tinlissie like this.

I'll be taking advantage of my extra free-time to bake cookies with the oven I got from Asia Miles that has been lying around for years!

huja and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I'll be taking advantage of my extra free-time to bake cookies with the oven I got from Asia Miles that has been lying around for years!
    Peanut butter and chocolate chips ...
    huja, angeluscomplex and LifeInHK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Tonight I made Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup using an Instant Pot pressure cooker. I used a recipe from a cooking show broadcast on the PBS channel (American public broadcast station). I've traveled to Taiwan regularly for decades and am very familiar with the dish and I'm disappointed to say the recipe I prepared tonight didn't even come close to the complexity of a good Niu Rou Mian broth. Will try a different recipe next time around.

This weekend I'm going to poach a chicken and steam rice using the poaching liquid. It'll be dressed with a ginger/scallion sauce. Classic Hainan Ji Fan. I've made this recipe before and it's solid.

How about you, GXP denizen? What's cooking?
    Please share your Hainan chicken recipe!

i am having hotpot by the stovetop.

huja likes this.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast