Like Tree56Likes

What are your food cravings under this outbreak?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Very, very salty. Gelatinous, processed texture.
    If you eat it straight out of the can. If you can cook it a bit, it taste better.

But you are spot on, the level of sodium chloride is off the charts. Not good if you have high blood pressure. Still, I do know quite a few people who see spam as their...guilty pleasure.

Something else I want to eat right now. Its related to the Peking Duck, but instead of crispy slices of the duck in pancake and sauce, its duck chopped into small pieces in a lettuce wrap. Yum, anyone tried it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Something else I want to eat right now. Its related to the Peking Duck, but instead of crispy slices of the duck in pancake and sauce, its duck chopped into small pieces in a lettuce wrap. Yum, anyone tried it here?

Most of the time you get both. They slice the duck, return it to the kitchen, then serve the minced version with lettuce wrap. Available at many restaurants. Considering how empty hotels are these days the risk of infection in a hotel restaurant with 4 out of 20 tables occupied is slimmer than heading to a crowded supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Considering how empty hotels are these days the risk of infection in a hotel restaurant with 4 out of 20 tables occupied is slimmer than heading to a crowded supermarket.
    Are you going to bet on that? What about the trip to the restaurant? What about the staff you come in contact? The table and chairs? The utensils...have they been cleaned properly? I thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Are you going to bet on that? What about the trip to the restaurant? What about the staff you come in contact? The table and chairs? The utensils...have they been cleaned properly? I thought so...
    Keep on craving then. I'm enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I'm enjoying.
    I highly doubt that. Stop lying. I have a family to take care. Grow-up, please.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 12-04-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The son made a decent grilled cheese sandwich the other day.

Need to seriously escalate this, but supplies are limited and am not going to go trolling around super markets for exotic cheeses etc (not that they're available due to import / logistics issues and if they're probably overpriced!)

@huja - any suggestions?

Unfortunately all we have in stock - some "govt cheese" blocks from Australia.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...lFD1b_d0482cfM
    Coolboy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks a lot for that. I made it for breakfast today.

Name:  IMG_20200418_064925.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  2.42 MB
    huja, Coolboy and shri like this.

Off to try the grilled cheese @ No Milk Shake No Life (a small eatery near HKU)

https://www.facebook.com/nomilkshake...type=3&theater

huja likes this.

Here's another one on the list of things to try...

https://www.facebook.com/nomilkshake...type=3&theater

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast