Like Tree56Likes

What are your food cravings under this outbreak?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

This is something I want to eat right now. I ate it the first time in HK and love the taste. Mochi balls:

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:

And last but not least, Peking Duck. Definitely far too complicated and way beyond my limited culinary skills:

So, what about you? What food do you crave with this outbreak?

Duck Victoria in Habour City currently offers 50% off of Peking Duck. And it's pretty delicious to boot. Had one on Tuesday and packed the rest to take home. They also offer 80% off everything on take out.
    Coolboy likes this.

Dim Sum from The Landmark restaurant in Sunnybank ( Brisbane's Asian enclave ) which is our little Hong Kong food indulgence, when we have the urge. Sorry to inform @Coolboy though, that I actually prefer the much larger portion sizes compared to what we were used to in Hong Kong and no complaints from me regarding price when we usually eat like kings for a poultry $40aud during their lunch time specials!

But, due to the COVID-19 social isolation laws, we cant visit like we usually do with our eclectic Asian Aussie mates. I swear the landmark restaurant could have been plucked out of Hong Kong, as it's exactly like being there, the raucous cacophony, the internal layout, it's crowded with boisterous trolley cart staff and their array of freshly steamed baskets onboard. we LOVE it ! So yeah, missing it very muchly!

Last edited by Skyhook; 23-04-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    Coolboy likes this.

Back to Spam....I was born in 1940,so thanks to the sweet and generous Americans we had food parcels.These contained more than our fair share of Spam,corned beef, pineapple rings and lifesavers. As has been said,the first two were really salty and still are.All the same,thanks America!

S

Coolboy likes this.

if you are craving for spam musubi
    https://deliveroo.hk/en/menu/hong-ko...ololi-editions

Coolboy likes this.

Another local delicacy I crave now are HK styled egg tarts. This was the place I went to before the outbreak:

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Another local delicacy I crave now are HK styled egg tarts. This was the place I went to before the outbreak:

They are still open aren't they? Reading your posts one could think you are under mandatory quarantine
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    They are still open aren't they? Reading your posts one could think you are under mandatory quarantine
    I don't live in a very convenient spot at the moment. I rather not divulge too many personal matters, but personal family arrangements can make things a little difficult in times like this.

While I see so many posts on FB about parents being driven to alcoholism due to being struck indoors with said spouse, kids, parents and/or in laws...I've become addicted to diet coke. Foodwise, ( actually every since I moved to Sweden this applies and not just during the pandemic) I'm missing vegetarian bibimbap and vegan Korean food, real Indian vegetarian food, vegetarian spicy hot curries, veggie sushi, tempura veg, mangoes and lychees, papayas...my tastebuds have been craving flavour and a kick up the back of the palate. No lockdown yet people want to " self isolate" while fika-ing or BBQing in the backyards as long as everyone sits two metres apart, that's ok, right? cough. However while the supermarket shelves are well stocked with the usual boring food, some serious panic buying has been going on in the pet stores and Systembolaget which is the only place that can supply booze.

I'll say I have come to HATE noodles during the shutdown and If the missus does any more plain chicken and rice i am going to scream, So, my favourite? Anything with flavour!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast