Like Tree30Likes

Where to find 'Crispy Aromatic Duck' in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where to find 'Crispy Aromatic Duck' in Hong Kong?

Does anyone know of a restaurant in HK/Kowloon that serves Crispy Aromatic Duck with steamed Pancakes, spring onion, cucumber and hoi sin sauce?

This is staple dish on the menu of pretty much every Chinese restaurant in London, and the UK generally.

I fully appreciate this is a 'bastardised, anglocised' dish with possibly very little to do with any of the varied and wonderful cuisines that originate from and span China but having come to HK after many many years in London i do miss this dish (and a decent hot and sour soup).

The closest dish here is of course 'Peking Duck' but as well as being an expensive delicacy i usually find it too fatty for me.

Would be most grateful for any leads...!

jenic likes this.

Go for goose, sweet crispy skin goose is even better. Yat Lok BBQ is well known, no idea if it's in any locals top 5 but should be decent. No clue about the other sides

I'm going to recommend Mott 32, its still Peking duck but it's the best you will have in HK i think. Need to pre-order though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I'm going to recommend Mott 32, its still Peking duck but it's the best you will have in HK i think. Need to pre-order though.
    Sorry, but they have some of the most overrated, overpriced duck in all of HK. Don't go to Mott 32.

Duck Victoria in Harbor City makes great duck for the price.
    Or Spring Deer on Mody Road.

If price isn't important then Xin Rong Ji in Wanchai.
    Skyhook likes this.

I hear spring deer is currently closed

mrgoodkat likes this.

bsh

Look for recently retired (past 5 years) UK chefs who have returned to HK and beg them to make it for you!

My cousin being one of them. Also makes the best ha kau, sui mi and ja fan gwor ever. I need to learn how to make them too.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

I have to admit that the skin of the duck/goose is actually my less favourite part, i much prefer the actual meat !

BSH - Is your cousin thinking of opening a restaurant here offering English-Chinese dishes ?!

Coolboy likes this.

M&S. some preparation required. But the finished product is really not bad at all.

Hjk10001 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    M&S. some preparation required. But the finished product is really not bad at all.
    Do you mean M&S is selling Beijing Duck to cook at home? Or finished duck to reheat?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast