Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MABinPengChau
  • 1 Post By gch555
  • 1 Post By ArrynField

Contaminated Virus Chicken

I used Google Translate and got the following:

1 surface sample of imported frozen chicken wings in Longgang, Shenzhen tested positive for new coronavirusShenzhen release YesterdayOn August 11th, Shenzhen Longgang District investigated and tested imported cold chain foods. On August 12th, the provincial and municipal CDCs reviewed and found a surface sample of frozen chicken wings imported from Brazil (registration number: SIF601; batch number: 7720051522) The new coronavirus nucleic acid test result was positive.The Office of the Shenzhen Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters immediately organized relevant departments to conduct comprehensive nucleic acid tests on people who may be exposed to related products. The results were all negative, and close contacts of positive samples were included in health management; all relevant stock products in the city were sealed and carried out Nucleic acid test results are all negative. All products sold are traced and notified to relevant agencies for disposal; the outer packaging and storage environment of relevant products are all eliminated.Relevant departments in Shenzhen will continue to carry out retrospective inspection and investigation of related frozen products. The headquarters office reminded the general public to be cautious in buying imported frozen meat products and aquatic products in the near future, and to take personal protection to reduce the risk of contracting the new crown virus.Shenzhen Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters Office August 13, 2020Content source: Shenzhen Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters Office, Shenzhen releaseIf you need to reprint, please indicate the above content

Am wondering about the chicken sold at Park & Shop as buy the Brazilian chicken and other meats there often.

There have been numerous outbreaks within frozen meat packaging plants throughout the world.

You can't see the virus, so take precautions. Wash hands after handling frozen food & packaging, don't touch your face and cook food thoroughly.

gigglinggal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Am wondering about the chicken sold at Park & Shop as buy the Brazilian chicken and other meats there often.
    I stopped consuming chicken stuff imported from Brazil ever since all those contamination scandals a few years ago.

2020 is certainly the year to consider switching to a vegetarian lifestyle. Here in Taipei, there are many Buddhist restaurants with giant salad-bar type selections of veggie food and then you pay by the kilo. There is one around the corner from my office (across the street from a temple) and my coworker has been bringing me things in quarantine. The main thing stopping me from pursuing a vegetarian lifestyle was the work in preparing food and the difficulty in sourcing a variety of interesting, healthy foods that taste good. So I am going to give it a go, or at least try doing it several days a week. Even just cutting back on meat products is good for the environment, not to mention the actual animals themselves. Always admired people who could stick with it (my daughter has been doing it since her teens)...covid-19 just gives that extra reason to do it...

drumbrake and Jackie1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    I stopped consuming chicken stuff imported from Brazil ever since all those contamination scandals a few years ago.
    Not to mention the corruption and total destruction of the Amazon, a large part of which is caused by agriculture/livestock.
    Jackie1 likes this.

Finding covid DNA on packaging is totally different from packing has the virus on it. Doesn't surprise me that nobody tested positive. This kind of reporting just destroys export industries and sends people vegetarian for no reason!

The fact that China is importing chicken wings from China is enough recommendation from me that if they are that cheap something is fundamentally amiss. This might go over the head of many but it’s like taking coal to Newcastle.

It’s not like being in the UK and eating NZ lamb, because that’s hardly cheap (but incredibly tasty and one of the few comforts I miss).

Do they import frozen pig products from anywhere ?

Let’s be fair though chicken and eggs are regular and known harbours of food poisoning, bird flu etc so it’s hardly a surprise