Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Bánh Mì in HK

Any thoughts on the best bánh mì in HK?

Name:  banh-mi-362.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  35.7 KB

huja likes this.

Le Petite Saigon is the no regret choice IMO followed closely by Chua Lam. Pho Le is another contender and is the best value option compared to the first two.

Soho Banh Mi's quality fluctuates wildly - sometimes it's great and other times underwhelming and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Le Petite Saigon is the no regret choice IMO
    I always found their bread a bit underwhelming like almost stale but the filling great, maybe because I only had it delivered? Banh Mi Kitchen in Central is good, cheap and tasty.

Don’t know about best (that’s subjective), but Tim Kee in Jordan is my go-to for bahn mi in HK

https://g.co/kgs/HhZW4E

I've asked myself this exact question about a year and a half ago and I went about finding out myself. After trying literally any Bahn Mi I could find (on HK island, granted), I have to say that Banh Mi Kitchen in Central is the best I've had. And it is priced very reasonably. Definitely recommend them!

https://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong...ndwich-r526805

East_coast, mused, shri and 2 others like this.

How do these differ from a good Subway sammie? I do not like white bread so Subway gives me some choice, and i like lots of veg and Subway will pile them on.
    Viet subs have a fine name, but really any better?

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Viet subs have a fine name, but really any better?
    Infinitely... if you like good fresh food over processed American meats...

While we are at it... Is there anywhere in HK that I can get an Ethiopian Injira?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    While we are at it... Is there anywhere in HK that I can get an Ethiopian Injira?
    If you are really desperate .. try ACT in Wong Chuk Hang - give them a call. Their owner is very connected in the African sourced/origin F&B scene.

(Not a recommendation on the food there ... it has very mixed reviews...)

https://www.africacoffeeandtea.com/
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    American Bánh Mì's have a bad name, but really any worse?
    They are much worse. Bread with loads of added sugar, processed ingredients, and slap dash assembly.

Preferring Subway bread which legally can't be called bread in some countries because it is brown rather than fresh and made from 'real' ingredients but white probably needs a little more thought on why you choose to eat certain things....

Sorry for the preachy tone but surely fresh simple ingredients always always beats 'brown'
    muzzdang likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast