Like Tree46Likes

Indian buffet advice

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rsathish93:
    Hi - I am Indian and I love food.

1. Go to Sangeetha - it has the best priced Indian food. It has great taste, fairly decent ambience, affordably priced.

2. When I was a student, I used to crave for the fancy Bombay Dreams buffet. I have been there for the buffet 3-4 times. The issue is - no buffet in HK does a good job of presenting the best of Indian food in a buffet. You will get far greater contentment if you spend that money just getting a really nice curry and bread.
    Think of buffets as an assortment of the 5-6.5/10 dishes in a restaurant. While it simplifies decision making, you are better off treating yourself to al a carte for the same price.

3. Jo-Jo's Sai Kung is wayyyyy better than Jo-Jo's Wan Chai. Jo-Jo's Sai Kung's Malai Koftha and Saag Paneer are culinary poetry. Wan Chai is a waste of time. If you are at Wan Chai, go to Ebenezer instead.

4. Top Indian restaurants would be: Sangeetha > Kailash Parbat > Rifles > Jo Jo's Sai Kung > Woodlands.
    Just thought I'd revive this thread. I would disagree Sangeetha has the best Indian food in HK, in fact I found it pretty average

I'm actually on a Foodie challenge at the moment to visit every Indian restaurant in Hong Kong, now been to 63 and probably have another 20+ to go
    huja and aw451 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    Just thought I'd revive this thread. I would disagree Sangeetha has the best Indian food in HK, in fact I found it pretty average

I'm actually on a Foodie challenge at the moment to visit every Indian restaurant in Hong Kong, now been to 63 and probably have another 20+ to go
    There are only 80+ Indian restaurants in Hong Kong?
    vmlinuz and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    I reckon there's at least 80-odd but no more than about 90ish. I'm not including those private restaurants such as the ones at India club

I should add that some of my favourites include Tagline, Jojos in wanchai, Woodlands. A really good one in Jordan called Kangan has just closed down which is a shame. I had a bad experience & forgettable food at kailash parbat actually

Also it seems Chungking hasn't got as many as before, several have closed down I believe

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    For what it's worth, OpenRice has 218 entries for 'Indian' food and 136 for curry... A lot would depend on your definition - would you include a hole-in-the-wall kebab and curry takeaway place, for example?
    drumbrake and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    For what it's worth, OpenRice has 218 entries for 'Indian' food and 136 for curry... A lot would depend on your definition - would you include a hole-in-the-wall kebab and curry takeaway place, for example?
    Or what about "pan-asian fusion" restaurants, in my experience those places tend to have a strong Indian focus

Some Indian students suggested dilliwale in cwb. That’s my next destination.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5