Like Tree9Likes

Kennedy Town / Belchers - Malacca Cuisine

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kennedy Town / Belchers - Malacca Cuisine

Does anyone have the name and either positive or negative review of the Malaysian restaurant near Belchers - on the same street as and in between Crossfit and the 7-11?

It is either new or I seem to be all mixed up and cannot find it on Google Maps and/or food delivery platforms.

Do you mean Malacca Cuisine (馬六)? It's a chain Malaysian/Singaporean restaurant, 513 Queen's Road West. Food is average, have only had their prawn noodle which was ok but not spectacular. Fairly clean and bright inside. There is a branch in Wan Chai? They are on Deliveroo and Foodpanda.

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/EYjRJGKFY6edoEAs7

shri likes this.

Thanks.. I found it this morning.

I was getting confused with a similarly named restaurant on one of the streets that connects to Smithfield.

Craving some good rendang and cendol.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 08.30.19.jpeg
Views: 2504
Size:  99.4 KB

rkenia852 likes this.

You'll get better from the restaurant in Hotel Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    You'll get better from the restaurant in Hotel Jen.
    Quarantine hotel - is the restaurant somehow open?

OK. For Malaysian food, I'm sure you know about Cafe Malacca on 2nd Floor of Hotel Jen (also same street but further down to the intersection with the McDonald's / DBS)? That one is much better but a lot more expensive. And still open even though it's a quarantine hotel.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Quarantine hotel - is the restaurant somehow open?
    apparently they split the hotel and the Cafe Melacca.. so the restaurant has been open..
    yes concur its the better singaporean/malaysian restaurant around. i guess when the Queks/Kwoks come to hk they still need some good cooks that does their local stuffs decently ?..
    shri likes this.

@Cash Trader - Thank you. We do pass it and just assumed the restaurant is closed due to the rest of the hotel being quarantined.

Will probably stay away from it - who knows what enforcement will be conducted if we happen to be in the same hotel as say someone who tests positive or whatever. Choice I am willing to live with for some less than amazing but good enough rendang.

Cash Trader likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Will probably stay away from it - who knows what enforcement will be conducted if we happen to be in the same hotel as say someone who tests positive or whatever. Choice I am willing to live with for some less than amazing but good enough rendang.
    Yeah I would not be comfortable with going there right now either - probably an irrational fear but I wouldn't want to get hauled off to the hospital or Penny's Bay because of rendang! LOL Supposedly the glass door entrance to the hotel is the entrance for the restaurant part (different from the elevators in the cordoned off parking area which serve for the arrival of the quarantine guests)

Good Malaysian food is surprisingly hard to find around here. At least Ngonya Coming (the Ngonya restaurant which used to be around Pok Fu Lam Road/HKU area and moved to Tsuen Wan a while ago) just came back to Sheung Wan as a takeout-only place during weekday afternoons. I plan to go over there sometime.
    shri likes this.

Thanks.

For anyone else - this is the address for the Nonya Coming takeaway.

270-276 Queen's Road Central, Tai Ping Shan

Opening Hours (during the trial period): every Monday to Friday, pm
    The online takeaway platform will be added later
    Our take away shop:
    Business hours: Mon-Fri 12-4 pm
    Cash Trader likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast