Like Tree13Likes

Recent favorite restaurants

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Pedantic here .. but its not *ed... its recommended. I personally think this is where the value without all the pretentiousness is.
    I stand corrected then

Lucale is not Michelin starred fuckers

Eat at your own risk
    shri likes this.

Louise is consistently good

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Finally a Michelin starred restaurant that fills my stomach
    Which Michelin restaurants did not fill your stomach?

All the ones I've been to here and overseas

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not a fan of Blacksheep .. their food tends to be overhyped and over the top. Is this an exception?

Tend to prefer Pirata's niche ones ... current reco would be Tokyo Lima. Decent food, good value.
    Same feeling, Pirata better than Blacksheep. Had a great dunch meal at the Spanish Pirata place The Optimist the other day. Took the wet lobster rice and the steak, 400 HKD per head felt like a good deal!
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Recently went for tea at Popinjays in The Murray and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not one for interior experience when I'm hungry, but the interior really is beautiful with beautiful views. The food was pretty good and good value with an offer. It's apparently pet-friendly, too, which I think is now a clever approach given that they're now catering to locals, not petless tourists.

I think we'll try another one of their restaurants soon or go back for the more expensive brunch.

Cheeky Kiwi and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Recently went for tea at Popinjays in The Murray and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not one for interior experience when I'm hungry, but the interior really is beautiful with beautiful views. The food was pretty good and good value with an offer. It's apparently pet-friendly, too, which I think is now a clever approach given that they're now catering to locals, not petless tourists.

I think we'll try another one of their restaurants soon or go back for the more expensive brunch.
    I have done the brunch there 3 times by now with free flow package Not sure if its good value for money (1200ish if I remember correctly) but went with group of guys and we drink a lot. It is indeed a fantastic venue, we guys always end up continuing outdoors after they kick us out from the restaurant. Usually mostly groups of girls going for the brunch though, Instagram spot
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:

That sounds really cool - so do they let dogs in to that lounge area? Do they provide any food for the dogs too?

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    That sounds really cool - so do they let dogs in to that lounge area? Do they provide any food for the dogs too?
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 10.43.03 AM.png
Views: 256
Size:  50.3 KB

I know our beagle would be a complete pain in the arse if there was food around... would not want her anywhere near others who want to enjoy their meal in peace.

https://d11cvioh7u9e0t.cloudfront.ne...10.pdf?noembed
    Cheeky Kiwi and Elegiaque like this.

Beagles are bred to exercise their owners.