Like Tree6Likes

tofu is my life but I need help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eugh... as much as I love fermented foods, and even after all my years in HK, yesterday I went past a place reeking of it and am still baffled by stinky tofu. It's SO GROSS. How did anyone ever come to an idea that that is edible? I think you would have the policed called after you if you tried to make it in Italy.

There is a fermented tofu kind of sauce that is like blue cheese (right?). That I can imagine there would be an interest for in Italy...

But this is maybe the wrong place to ask, as many expats will complain they don't feel integrated with local culture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Eugh... as much as I love fermented foods, and even after all my years in HK, yesterday I went past a place reeking of it and am still baffled by stinky tofu. It's SO GROSS. How did anyone ever come to an idea that that is edible? I think you would have the policed called after you if you tried to make it in Italy.

There is a fermented tofu kind of sauce that is like blue cheese (right?). That I can imagine there would be an interest for in Italy...

But this is maybe the wrong place to ask, as many expats will complain they don't feel integrated with local culture here.
    I really like stinky tofu to be honest, as long as it's cooked properly (soft on the inside, crispy outside). It's great with garlic and chilli sauce

Not very prescriptive but here's a video that I watched a while back..

https://youtu.be/Ki0BUon0zIE

This would be very interesting. Is there any video how to do it?

Besides thank you all for your tips

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    I really like stinky tofu to be honest, as long as it's cooked properly (soft on the inside, crispy outside). It's great with garlic and chilli sauce
    Cooked stinky tofu with Laoganma?

Tofu on its own is a horrible tasteless lump of XXXX
    Hate it!!!! dont know why people love it when it has no flavour at all.

I pray that this will have no effect on mainstream Italian food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2