Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By tparker
  • 1 Post By mistakes_maker
  • 1 Post By aquaman

Lin Heung tea house alternative?

Reply
  1. #1

    Lin Heung tea house alternative?

    Since it's closed, what are some "historical" dimsum places to try?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,364

    Historical ones??
    They’re all long gone as far as I know.
    There’s a few trolley ones such as Maxims City Hall but far from historical.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Historical ones??
    They’re all long gone as far as I know.
    There’s a few trolley ones such as Maxims City Hall but far from historical.
    I found one, Luk Yu Tea House | Restaurants in Central, Hong Kong (timeout.com) but not sure if this place serves dimsum.
    alexdown likes this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,364
    Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    I found one, Luk Yu Tea House | Restaurants in Central, Hong Kong (timeout.com) but not sure if this place serves dimsum.
    Yes they do

    Be quick as these ones are dying out and won’t be around much longer.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    603

    Not traditional in the sense of old fashioned dishes like "pork liver siu mai"... but if it's push carts you're after and a larger than normal dim sum choice, the Metropol Restaurant (名都酒樓) on 4/F United Centre (Admiralty) is a good option.

    Alleged triad connections add to the authenticity, and reduce the likelihood that this will go under any time soon (i.e. I don't think their existence is dependant on patronage by us average joes).

    BCD, shri, SirNotAppearing and 1 others like this.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Not traditional in the sense of old fashioned dishes like "pork liver siu mai"... but if it's push carts you're after and a larger than normal dim sum choice, the Metropol Restaurant (名都酒樓) on 4/F United Centre (Admiralty) is a good option.

    Alleged triad connections add to the authenticity, and reduce the likelihood that this will go under any time soon (i.e. I don't think their existence is dependant on patronage by us average joes).
    Thanks. Will definitely check this out.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    824

    not historical but a recent discovery for me is the China Club does dim sum breakfast 6 days a week.

    mistakes_maker likes this.