Like Tree44Likes

Local / Western restaurant recommendations for touristy types

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Local / Western restaurant recommendations for touristy types

Hi all,

My parents are coming to Hong Kong for the first time in 3 years. They are from UK so they are very particular about what they eat... no chicken feet.. pigs intestines etc..

I was wondering if anyone has top places local, western and high end that they reccomend for their family or western friends when they come to HK.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Maxim's Palace was our choice. But one time it was so crowded with a long wait time that we went to a more local place in Wan Chai instead and my UK friends found this very amusing to get a more "local" experience.

https://goo.gl/maps/iSPRVKYK9FfFoUJt9

You won't be served chicken feet or pigs intestines anywhere unless you order it yourself. Are they so squeamish they don't want to see it on other people's tables?

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken:
    What's wrong with chicken feet and pig intestines? .
    They're disgusting? Like tripe and sweetbreads.

I suggest Man Wah at the Mandariin Oriental. Very high end Cantonese plus Peking Duck but if you avoid drinking alcohol it's manageable.
    Flapster likes this.

If they're going to come to HK, you should take them for dim sum in one of those big dim sum halls one day, it's part of the culture here. Affordable and (mostly) delicious.

hullexile and arathi like this.

Contrary to popular opinion, nobody forces you to eat pig intestines or chicken feet in HK restaurants. If they want dim sum, go to Maxims at the Town/ city hall - it has the trolleys. And now, also robots.

Everyone likes Mott32, but I think it's a bit meh. You can try Fook Lam Moon or whatever it's called and also Yixin, both in Wanchai.

For special occasions, I'd have to recommend Junon in wanchai - really has a grand feel, with western (French) cuisine. They play nostalgic music from 20-30 years ago & service is fantastic.

Hkemail888 likes this.

Or maybe I need an emoji of a limbo dancer? Whoosh.
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    For special occasions, I'd have to recommend Junon in wanchai - really has a grand feel, with western (French) cuisine. They play nostalgic music from 20-30 years ago & service is fantastic.
    Thanks for that laugh, nostalgic music from 1993 to 2003. Nearly up to the One Direction era.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    Never heard of, looks like a special place indeed! So you recommend the bistro not where they have the show? Show sounds more special

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast