Portugese Restaurant on Ship Street

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yes, but the powers that be here are wise to that, so the advertisers have to get more subtle about it.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

iberian cusine......

is supposed to be soothing for the palate as well as the soul; so in an effort to calm all, I give you
    Macau RestaurantRestaurants & Bars - Time Out Hong Kong

note:
    I have not been to this restaurant
    I have not been on the street where this restaurant is
    I once did go to Kornhill, but promptly left as I was actually heading for Taikoo Shing.
    If I need a salted cod , a barbequed sardine or indeed an African Chicken I take the troublle to go to The Solmar.

I am in no way connected to the Solmar

Last edited by kombuchakid; 23-02-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I don't advertise, I recommend as a happy customer. Big difference.
    She seems a Happy Customer too:

"a while a go I ate at a lovely portugese restaurant on Ship Street in Wan Chai"

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    is supposed to be soothing for the palate as well as the soul; so in an effort to calm all, I give you
    Macau RestaurantRestaurants & Bars - Time Out Hong Kong

note:
    I have not been to this restaurant
    I have not been on the street where this restaurant is
    I once did go to Kornhill, but promptly left as I was actually heading for Taikoo Shing.
    If I need a salted cod , a barbequed sardine or indeed an African Chicken I take the troublle to go to The Solmar.

I am in no way connected to the Solmar
    An extremely subtle advert for Taikoo Shing I'm thinking, almost subliminal.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    An extremely subtle advert for Taikoo Shing I'm thinking, almost subliminal.
    There just is no slipping things by your Hullness is there?

Actually it was an almost sublingual advert for Colares Sand Wine ,[just the thing to go with fish and poultry of Iberia] spotted at a Japanese department store at a local mall both of which will remain nameless.

The real portuguese food can be found in Macau at Fernando's restaurant. Their B.B.Q. grills and fish are great!

Personally, I've always thought Fernando's overrated and never could see what people see in the place.

There are half a dozen portuguese/macanese that I prefer but we wouldn't want to be doing free advertising now would we....

You can find very good portuguese food at the restaurant "Club Militar" at Avenida da praia, You can also have a delicios breacktast with all the portuguese tipical cake at Ou'Munch at travessa de S. Domingos.
    Fantastic!

just a detail: i'm not advertising but i'm portuguese and I love Poruguese food!! Well... my home made food is delicious also but I dont cook for take away ;-)

Last edited by evawall; 24-02-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evawall:
    You can find very good portuguese food at the restaurant "Club Militar" at Avenida da praia,
    why is everyone so PC about advertising?
    Dolce Vita is a weekly 30 minute ad on TVB and no one seems to mind, in fact you may have to wait months to get on the show where everything is shown but the name of your product/service
    ===

Getting back to Club Militar- which reminds me of Military Cafe in Bombay, for superb mutton cutlets and Dhaan Saak.
    How many degrees of seperation before we retun to the Kornhill joint I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by evawall:
    You can find very good portuguese food at the restaurant "Club Militar" at Avenida da praia, You can also have a delicios breacktast with all the portuguese tipical cake at Ou'Munch at travessa de S. Domingos.
    Fantastic!
    Really most of us don't give a crap about advertising... Club Militar was one of the half dozen restaurants I really enjoy in Macau. I also like Espaco Lisboa on Coloane, lovely setting and a little trip to the bakery next door for snacks on the ferry back. Used to go to A Lorcha and Litoral, Henry's Galley and another near there that I forget the name but haven't been to those in a while since I mostly stay on Coloane now and usually avoid the busy areas.