Artwalk 2009 - the restaurants

Closed Thread

Artwalk 2009 - the restaurants

Was it just me or were the food offerings at last night's Artwalk very poor? We're going through a recession and the restaurants had the chance to impress over 2,000 of Hong Kong biggest consumers and yet most seemed to be offering chips and dip. At Arch Angel on Hollywood Rd they were tipping tubes of Pringles into tinfoil trays!

The only place that I made a note of was Sweet Treats whose quiche and lemon cheesecake were the food highlights of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by steviem71:
    Was it just me or were the food offerings at last night's Artwalk very poor? We're going through a recession and the restaurants had the chance to impress over 2,000 of Hong Kong biggest consumers and yet most seemed to be offering chips and dip. At Arch Angel on Hollywood Rd they were tipping tubes of Pringles into tinfoil trays!

The only place that I made a note of was Sweet Treats whose quiche and lemon cheesecake were the food highlights of the night.
    Yes I thought the food was really bad. I didn't really enjoy any of the offerings (I'm also a veggo, which limits my choices). Had some decent open sandwiches with smoked salmon from a few venues, which filled me up. I had the lemon cheesecake from Sweet Treats, also. pretty good, their cupcake wasn't so great, though.