Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Best Burger, Pizza & Hot Dog in Hong Kong

Best Burger, Pizza & Hot Dog in Hong Kong

So I just moved back to Hong Kong from NYC (so the bar is set pretty high). Burgers, pizza and hot dogs are somewhat the holy trinity of drunken food for me in NYC...haha. All I'm looking for is simple and tasty versions of these foods (not really looking for gourmet versions like foie gras burgers, lobster dogs etc). It's ok if it's a little more expensive as long as the food is tasty. So what's your pick of the best burger, pizza and hot dog in Hong Kong?

Archie B's in Soho has Sabrett's dogs, but they can't seem to remember not to put ketchup on 'em...

Good pizza just ain't happening, although Il Padrino has done a good margarita a few times (and dismal ones at other times).

Ketchup is kind of a big no-no in my book. A real dog should only have mustard. I kind of crave the Gray's dog in NYC. Simple and cheap. I also like having a nice helping of sauerkraut on my dog. So Archie B's is the place as long as I tell them to hold off on the ketchup? What about Big Dogs in LKF? That any good?

No good pizza? I read earlier that New York Pizzah was the best in HK but closed down. Damn, that is super sad there isn't any quality pizza in Hong Kong.

What about burgers?

without a doubt Duke's Deli on Des Vouex Road for a NY pie.
    it is as close as you can get to NY pizza...

Am a fan of the 6 hkd hot dogs in IKEA in Causeway Bay. Terrible furniture but great hot dogs. Worth a try! Apply your own ketchup and/or mustard. For an extra 4 Hkd you get a soft drink. Unbeatable value and a Sunday morning ritual for me.

why not pick up some kraut, whole grain mustard, some rolls, and dogs to make it at home. this is what i do. and make sure you boil the dog in water that is mixed with butter and beer and salt....so frickin good.

Quote Originally Posted by doglover86
    without a doubt Duke's Deli on Des Vouex Road for a NY pie.
    it is as close as you can get to NY pizza...
    howe much for a pie?

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507
    Am a fan of the 6 hkd hot dogs in IKEA in Causeway Bay. Terrible furniture but great hot dogs. Worth a try! Apply your own ketchup and/or mustard. For an extra 4 Hkd you get a soft drink. Unbeatable value and a Sunday morning ritual for me.
    these are like going to 7-11. they are a great idea when you are out on a hot day and starving for something filthy and cheap... and in need of air condition....but to call it a good dog is grounds for a "Carradine".

Coming from someone who relocated from Chicago, I can say the hot dogs here are truly abysmal. If you want to stomp a little bit on your food memories, just go to the hot dog shack across from Cochrane's, under the elevator near Hollywood Road. Mushy sausages and old stale buns, all for $5 US! Oh, and don't forget to put lettuce on top.
    Ugggh.
    Best bet is to go to 360 and buy some Niman Ranch andouillie or bratwurst or chorizo and keep them at home, along with some buns, and spend the 10 minutes frying them up when you get home. Trust me, it is easily done when yer drunk and well worth it.

I agree--best to do your own hot dogs and pizza in HK. Everything here seems to be within a few degrees of really not good.
    Good burgers, and still maybe not up to your standards but better than the pizza and dogs, but will be expensive--Dan Ryans, Triple Os, Ruby Tuesday.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast