Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

its not a good choice - khana khazana

Gaylord is better.

Quote Originally Posted by tora-chan:
    does anybody know this one?
    I never tried but seems nice?
    Welcome to Khana khazana
    the food is ok. they serve only veg food, so if you are looking for some meat, its not a place to go.

I'm Veg and Indian restaurant is always a good choice

Gayload is great!
    kind of expensive but they also have music!

How is SANGEET in TST east? this is also the one I want to try sometime! seems like they have buffet lunch

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

tora-chan,

if you are a vegetarian, you'll be fine with Khana Khazana, or even its sister restaurant, Branto's in TST (run by the same group).

btw, is anyone up for some indian food? we could organize a little gathering, the more the merrier?

Quote Originally Posted by TWISM:
    If you want real Indian food try 12th floor Chungking Mansion. It's good stuff. Locals go there
    That's supposed to be a reason to go there? Quite the reverse to me (cf Fat Angelo's vis a vis "Italian"). Now, if lots of people of South Asian descent go there...

Ive been to Jashan twice in SOHO and it wasn't bad there. Thought it was a bit higher in price. I can't say I'm an expert but for me it wasn't bad food.

Untitled Document

Thank you all for sharing information!
    I will definitely try other restaurants in CKM because I always go to TAJ MAHAL

I went to KHANA KHAZANA in wanchai and
    I think it is good!
    Nice atmosphere, enough space and not too pricey,
    We spend around 150HKD for one person.

But if you want to have very authentic indian family food.. like tandoori chiken or
    you are really hungry, CKM is better choice.

And like most of indian veg restaurant, they have great huge DOSA with
    nice coconut chatney.

90% customers were South asian, some were having birthday party there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Meh, it's Chinese style Indian food using a lot of Chinese preferred ingredients such as the type of fish.

Unfortunately the restaurant I love in TST closed

I'm back with Maharani in LKF and the Curry Club in Jordan.
    I have taken some Indian friends there and they had a different take. Said it was great. But these are UK Inidans so maybe they dont know.

If youre in the in the mid levels theres a great little spot tucked away on Mosque street, called Indian village. its more of a take-out joint, but they do scatter a few tables on the sidewalk (a stones throw from the escalator) and the food is delicious - tastes home-made and fresh.
    their number is 2525 5488

I'm Indian and think the Indian food at CKM SUCKS. Way too much cheap premixed spice used in the tandoori there (which is loaded with food coloring and additives).

Khana Khazana is terrible too--went there last weekend and we were horrified at how bad the food is. Won't be back.

Woodlands is a shadow of what it used to be too.

Bombay Dreams is good in my experience. Bukhara at the Sheraton was really good before it closed...Tandoor can be good too, although it tries to be a little hoity-toity with a sommelier. The food there is usually pretty good though.

Just asked my mom what she thinks and she's heard Jashan is the best. I've heard the same, although funnily enough, neither of us have eaten there. Indian food here tends to be pretty bad compared to what I used to get in Jackson Heights in NYC.