Best Italian Restaurant in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Try Gaia in the Grand Millenium Plaza Central, Cipriani's or Baci's LKF

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    Starters hover round the $190 mark, primo round $200, secondo round $300 (unless you go for the Bresse chicken three-way which goes for something like $450). Puds over a hundred.
    Just for the record, the Bresse chicken three ways was distinctly average...save yourself the $$$. I MUCH preferred the duck ragout with homemade buckwheat pasta, which was surprisingly light ($180/half portion, $230(?)/full portion) and gorgeous.

personally i found Joia to be one of those "trendy" places that actually lack any respect for the food they are serving. absolute filth.

i really like Sabotini in Royal Garden. Best lasagna in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenue:
    Just for the record, the Bresse chicken three ways was distinctly average...save yourself the $$$. I MUCH preferred the duck ragout with homemade buckwheat pasta, which was surprisingly light ($180/half portion, $230(?)/full portion) and gorgeous.
    The ragout was what the husband had last time, and he loved loved loved it... almost as much as the lentil soup that he had to start.

Update:

I've recently tried out their semi-buffet lunch. For around $200 you get an antipasti buffet (which had loads of goodies like home-cured salmon and proper mozzarella), a main (I went for the veal, which was good), a drink, a normal-sized bread basket, and a dessert buffet (the mini lemon tarts, creme brulee and sponge cake with dark choc cream were particularly good). I also found service at lunch time to be much better than at dinner time.

I would suggest go before the place is "discovered" by the loud locust-like office crowds.

Grappa's in Tai Koo Place is...

AWFUL.
    Don't make the mistake I made, thinking it should be similar to the Grappa's in Pacific Place, which is okay. This one is not okay. The chef clearly has no idea what Italian food is.