Like Tree1Likes

Best Indian Restaurant in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KK....

heard a lot of good comments from friends about Bombay Dreams of late!

Seems like a nice place...definitely plan to try it out sometime! I kinda like the name anyway!!

H

Drunken Master likes this.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I wonder if it would have the same vibes if it was saddled with
    MUMBAI SAPNA, pardon my french
    so no one has been able to dig up the dirt on this joint. Might be a patel perhaps?
    Before anyone does anymore review, rush to go see DINNER RUSH, now thats what I call a movie.

We always enjoy Gaylords in TST.
    Great food, excellent wine list and good entertainment, most nights

Veda looks good.
    Has anyone ever done the cooking course there?
    Was it as good as it looks?

Some ladies that I met were raving about the cooking class at Veda. They said the manager was excellent and took such good care of them and every little detail was taken care of. The food was good and they were also given access to the kitchen

Shame the manager has now moved to Dragon-I.

Jashan - newly opened Indian Restaurant on Whyndham street is worth a try. They have $85 lunch buffet during weekdays.

Very traditional (Rajastan) looking interior, with many dishes from north and south India. Most of the South Indian dishes are from Kerala. I guess they have chef from Kerala.

Last time when I took my collegues, one guy wearing traditional Rajastani outfit was selling (I guess) bangles at one corner and one guy with Indian version of violin walking around playing old hindi songs. Girls would like the bangles stuff.

It is worth a visit. Sad that they have opened this restuarant during peak SARS crisis. Hope they survive for sometime.

I found the food at Jashan a bit too oily and stereotypical.

Not to mention the annoying freakin music and dancer....

Vemulk, we should meet for a drink or two, I'm just up the road from Stormy Weather.

best indian restaurant in HK

There are really so many people writing about either Bombay Dreams or Veda or Jashan;I begin to wonder whether anyone has tried Minar in Wanchai(on the Hennessey Road)??The food their is so good and quite reasonable.The naan there is to die for...it's really good.Of course the place is not at all fancy,it's quite average so far as the ambiance goes but who minds it after they serve you your food.Their sheek kabab is so good that my mouth starts to water even when I sit to think about it.I suggest that all of you should try it once at least.

we have been really disappointed with jashan...over the past few months the service and quality of food has gone from bad to worse.

we have been there twice, both the times we had to send back food. once the gulab jamuns were hard as stone. On our next visit we reordered a dish and the second round looked and tasted completely different from the first one...it was more a case of hurriedly put together chicken in tomato and onion gravy rather than a chettinad chicken. the prawns in the balchao were frozen and not fresh....all in all a terrible experience.