sandwich places in HK?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    ....Have you not noticed yet how CHEAP delifrance is, how NON french it is and how FULL OF LOCALS it is? Delifrance is not expat orientated.
    Oh yes I have noticed, and I posted a better deal on this thread earlier. delifrance is cheap because it is lousy and trade off a foreign exotic atmosphere. people eat there because they are such snobbish, europhile, social climbers they cannot recognize mediocre food.

snob does not have to mean expat. there are plenty of local hk snobs and they're all in delifrance right now.

better hurry or you'll miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by ig.consulting
    Oh yes I have noticed, and I posted a better deal on this thread earlier. delifrance is cheap because it is lousy and trade off a foreign exotic atmosphere. people eat there because they are such snobbish, europhile, social climbers they cannot recognize mediocre food.

snob does not have to mean expat. there are plenty of local hk snobs and they're all in delifrance right now.

better hurry or you'll miss them.
    And you never ate in your local chinese or indian "back home" then eh?

Even Marks and Spencer is selling Sandwiches now in Central and TST

There's Kaisers by the central star ferry to TST. It's always looked interesting, but I've never had the time to stop and sample one.

Pumpernickel is pretty good. Fresh made with quality ingredients. I've seen them in Sheung Wan, Admiralty and causeway Bay, but I know there are others. Pretty decent coffee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigs
    Marketplace by Jason's do probably the best sandwiches I've had in HK, and relatively reasonably priced at around 26-30$. All fresh, made on the premises and pretty tasty. Sometimes the combinations of fillings leaves a little to be desired, but generally can find several that sound really appetising!
    Worth noting that the ladies at Marketplace (at least the new one in Central) are quite helpful - I normally ask them to take the tomato out of my sandwiches, and they do so happily. It's nice to be able to get fresh-ish sandwiches, sushi, veg (hot and cold) as well as supermarket stuff in the same place...

The ladies at Marketplace Central are fantastic... I'm there every morning and they custom make whichever sandwich I want and are very nice about it.

Mat

Delifrance is a "singaporean" company....

Grand Moulins de Paris the brand owner of Dlifrance is based in France but Dlifrance Asia Ltd is owned by Auric Pacific Group Ltd, a public listed company on the Stock Exchange of Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ig.consulting
    Delifrance is an overpriced rip-off. They should pay you for just for having to sit next to those snobs who patronize such places. I personally like the sandwiches they sell at the bakeries for 10 HKD. But then, I am willing to live like the people of HK, not whine desperately for the same things I had back home.
    of course I am not whining!! I am only inquiring does anyone know of any sandwich places. I am new to HK and I have always found this site to be useful, and true to my word there are many places people here have suggested that I didn't know even existed! It's what I posted the thread for. Certainly not to whine. And I am happy to share these new places with my local HK friends who also likes sandwiches and may just want a "wider" choice.

Thanks for all the new places everyone. I'll be checking them out!

By the way, I take back what I said about Archie B's.. I went back yesterday, just to be sure... They've cleaned it up and the food was fine.
    Wasn't great, had no business (used to be packed), but it was OK.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast