sandwich places in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by cathy789:
    have tried them, i find they don't have a great selection and it's all sitting ready-made in the fridge. i'm looking for more sandwich bars where they make it up fresh for you in front of you like in the UK
    Try Cafe O, they make sandwiches to order and the ingredients are always good quality.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Isn't it easier (and cheaper) to make you own? Plus you know it's okay (the words Super Sandwiches and bargepole come to mind).

easier? no way
    cheaper? not if you're making just for your own consumption
    definately cheaper if you're making for a few people, but if you look at the cost of having a variety of (basic) fresh ingredients on hand to make sandwiches with, the cost adds up very quickly.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    easier? no way
    What sandwich is too difficult to make at home?

I didn't say too difficult.
    I said it's easier to buy than make.
    But, of course, this is tied to my other point, which was that if you are making sandwiches just for yourself, it is more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I didn't say too difficult.
    I said it's easier to buy than make.
    But, of course, this is tied to my other point, which was that if you are making sandwiches just for yourself, it is more expensive.
    I think it rather depends on the sandwich. If you are talking about a standard cheddar cheese and chutney sandwich (about the only ones I like), then both cheese and chutney keep for weeks so you can buy in bulk and eat for weeks .... bread also keeps for ages in HK (on account of all the preservatives in it here!!!) but even so it's not expensive to buy a new loaf every 2 days or so.....

... on the other hand, if you want a sandwich made of 10 ingredients all of which are perishable over 1 or 2 days, then yes, it's more expensive.

Very little in life is simple - sandwiches no less than anything else!

I like a good, simple sandwich too, but I think you need to add some green to it if you're going to be having one everyday...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4