Italian Restaurant - Please help!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian Restaurant - Please help!

Hi Guys!

Since I m going back to Europe for Christmas, I decided to invite my two Chinese assistants for a dinner... they said they wanna go for Italian cuisine.
    Honestly said, apart from those delivery services and Wildfire Express outlets, I don't have a clue which restaurants are good, but not overpriced (like Sabatini in TST).

There is one in Soho, on the opposite of this Thai Restaurant Café Siam?! It looks not too bad though, but no idea how the food is?!
    And apart from this, it looks a bit too modern for Chinese people... so maybe there are other spots you would think ok?!

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks a million...

Grappas, pacific place is good.

Pizza Express in Wan chai/central is excellent, and tremendous value for money.

VaBene in LKF is very good.

The one opposite Cafe Siam is Pizza Express. We had a GeoExpat dinner there earlier this year. Food was excellent!

Rani

Gaia (adjacent to Cosco Tower, Sheung Wan) or Cinecitta (Behind pacific place 3 on star street, Wanchai) are both very good italian restaurants - not cheap though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD:
    Hi Guys!

Since I m going back to Europe for Christmas, I decided to invite my two Chinese assistants for a dinner... they said they wanna go for Italian cuisine.
    Just wondering, if you invited them, why are they choosing the cuisine?

hey, they are locals, not that flexible.... you simply can't force them to go to a restaurant of your choice.....
    I m quite happy though that I dont have to go for another Dimb Sam... ;-)

I feel Va Bene was much better in the old location - the new environment is far too loud and bright. It feels all wrong to be eating quite upmarket Italian in an environment that sounds and feels like a Dim Sum hall.

So maybe your Chinese friends would like it.

It ain't cheap though - similar to sabatini, so probably not what you are looking for.

Hey, depends on how you define modern? Since your colleagues chose Italian I think they are expecting a Western atmosphere anyways. Since you are looking for cheaper places, you can try Fat Angelos in Soho. It's a bit boring and food is average but definitely cheap.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast