Like Tree209Likes

Seriously good coffee

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Seriously good coffee

I've been in Hong Kong for over a month now, and the best coffee I've been served was at a McCafe. Seriously.

Where in this town can I find good coffee? Not bitter, American-style, franchise coffee with warty foam, but delicious, subtly rich, creamy coffee with microfoam. Fair trade might be too much to ask...

I'm developing a kind of tolerance to the starbucks/pacific stuff and can definitely live with it, but I'd love a really good cup of coffee every now and then.

I searched the forums but only found a reference to a place selling good beans - I don't have an espresso machine and I like hanging out in cafes.

Dominic likes this.

Tried San Francisco Coffee? Heard good things about them ...

Go to Kosmo in LKF, Opposite starsucks oops I mean starbucks.

Very good coffee there indeed.

Poopoolala79 likes this.

I've had very good coffees at the Sogo coffee shop which I think is on the sports clothing floor. There is also the coffee shop on the ground floor of Harbour City, TST (Canton Road entrance).

Thank you! Will try all of these suggestions, keep 'em coming

Discobay : The Sogo Coffee shop is run by Jacky Kagi who also owns the Reflexion restaurant on the 12(?) floor. Top notch food ...

Didn't know that. Must give it a try then.

loisl

If you are looking for fair trade coffee go to Life in soho, opposite pure fitness. They do nice organic coffee. The roof top is also an attraction.

I always take Illy as a good sign - great, smooth Italian espresso coffee that makes for a good latte too. There's a cafe up near Star St with an Illy sign outside (same road as the Pizza Express). Will let you know when we finally get round to trying it. I think Oliver's Cafe opposite the HSBC building on QRC does Illy too.

I find Starbucks, Pacific and Pret as bad as each other. Wish Cafe Nero would open up over here. Also tried a Cova the other day (the one with the posh chocs and cakes). No better.

P.S. Why not get an espresso machine as well? I thought it was a gimmick when I was given one for Christmas a couple of years ago. Use it 5+ times a week now and it makes up for the Pacific stuff I drink when at work. Your choice of beans and you can make the milk froth as fine as you like (with a bit of practice). Airport security think we're a bit strange when we come in carrying 8 tins of coffee tho

Good suggestion, I'm definitely considering it, although I'm not sure I'd make such a great barista... I like Illy too and have seen the place with the sign you mentioned, have to check it out. On the downside I had an Illy coffee at some sandwich chain recently and it was very bad. I'm guessing they don't clean their machine properly.

Tried out Kosmo and liked it a lot. Nice atmosphere upstairs, good magazines,friendly service, WIFI, best froth I've had in HK (I have this thing about froth, bear with me)... BUT! The coffee itself was still only ok.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast