Like Tree8Likes

Openrice.com 2010 best restaurants

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I'd probably draw the line at Delifrance though .. that really does hit new lows for pseudo-italian fare!

I mean, even in Italy you get the full range of restaurants ... not all are bespoke quaint little places serving authentic 'home cooked' meals!
    I know its Monday but doesn't the name DeliFRANCE give you a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I know its Monday but doesn't the name DeliFRANCE give you a clue?
    food at DeliFRANCE is absolutely disguising... i rather eat McDonald.. for god sake....

maybe next thing u know... McDonald will win the best WESTERN food award next year... =)
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Ha ha.

I just registered for openrice.com - actually I had never been to the website before. I thought it was quite interesting, the reviews of places I know (mainly Gold Coast and Tuen Mun restaurants) were spot on ... that is.. the ones I could read (ie only the English ones!). I think this works well for me - as I do not get reviews that are by Chinese people with different tastes to me

Quote Originally Posted by wcluk:
    food at DeliFRANCE is absolutely disguising..
    Disguised as Italian?

I like Pizza Express (and yes I have been to Italy many times). "Best" is always stupid in these polls. Like when the London Underground came out "best" with the MTR in 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog:
    Actually, I like the restaurants with cook to order concept and also it keep the freshness of food.

At the moment, I think spaghetti house can't be classified as the best restaurant because everything is standardize, menu is the same in different store. Plus is owned by cafe de coral. Chain food. If I have to choose, I would go for Pierre @ mandarin oriental or fly to El bulli once in a lifetime
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Only you could put Pierre @ Madarin and Spaghetti house in the same paragraph...
    Beuze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Disguised as Italian?

I like Pizza Express (and yes I have been to Italy many times). "Best" is always stupid in these polls. Like when the London Underground came out "best" with the MTR in 5th.
    nope... i am not an italian... usually i love all kind of pasta... but delifrance is just really bad....

I agree Pizza Express is good though... I love that place... =)

Openrice is just a load of bollox really, and they've proved it with those so called 'winners'.
    I rarely read resto reviews but if I do I tend to use the WOM guide for some more accurate background info

On the contrary, I find the WOM guide pretty much useless (their rating system is all messed up, mixing absolute quality in some cases with value for money in others). I prefer OpenRice.

I stick with the Michelin guide and Timeout for more honest reviews.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    actually fat angelos is pretty decent and authentic italian restuarant, maybe, expats should use openrice so there can add their opinions on there (considering as they have produced an english ver recently)
    i like fat angelos once every half a year, but to consider it authentic is an insult to any italian (and i am not one)