Japanese buffet restaurant in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    Why does everyone assume fish brought in from Japan have lower levels of mercury?
    True but then given a choice of

Fish from China
    Fish from Japan
    Fish from New Mexico

Rate them in order of preference of what you would prefer to be served

Zuma has a sushi lunch buffet for $500/person

Been to Zuma. Cafe Too at Shangri la is better value for half the price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Genki is one of successful local places. Their higher class version 'senryo' is not bad. 'mine sushi' managed by Japanese is highly recommended. They're in TST, CWB, etc.

Try the japanese restaurant (Yamm) of The Mira Hotel at TST! They serve really nice jap food there. It's around $300 for lunch buffet.

dont know about a resturaunt but theres this japanese cuisine dinner buffet at island pacific hotel in sheung wan, all u can drink and eat including booze! i'll be looking to try that myself in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by eurourouro:
    Genki is one of successful local places. Their higher class version 'senryo' is not bad. 'mine sushi' managed by Japanese is highly recommended. They're in TST, CWB, etc.
    Not at all local, they were established in Japan. Hong Kong is just one of the few places they have expanded into outside of Japan. The chefs working the conveyor belt are usually from HK (unless they are japanese that speak fluent canto, can't tell), but the business itself is Japanese through and through.

I think you will find the international Genki Sushi restaurants are owned and operated by a Singaporean, David Ban.

where can I find more about David Ban's Biography?