Is it too hot & humid for holiday?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it too hot & humid for holiday?

Hi all,
    Have been lurking around this site for over a year now, it is just the best place to be.

Here's my dilemma: I am desperate to pop into HK for a little R&R but am afraid I have left it too late and the humidity will damper my holiday. If I book for next week for a duration of 2 weeks, is it too hot and humid for me to do all the usual stuff like walking around (all day), markets, shopping, in general enjoy this fabulous city?

I'm from Aust and do not experience the humidity you guys do, so, will I just wilt?

Thanks for your advice in advance

from now until around october is will be getting hotter and more humid...
    i would leave any visit to Hk until november...

The weather is quite hot and high humid from May to end of October.

I'm starting to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Appreciate your honest replies. I'm not really a wimp...honest...and so could cope with some of this weather as long as one could be outside for more than an hour or two or more(?) or has it become unbearable?
    Thanks

its already approaching 30 or higher most days with humidity around 95% take yer chances

i am toying with the idea of taking a taxi 3 blocks to work to avoid arriving drenched in sweat

the humidity here really and truly is a force to be reckoned with. if you're hellbent on coming, just come. people do live here you know..lol

Not to be an alarmist but if you have asthma then maybe wait til Nov. It is stifling here most days and hard to walk much even when you are healthy without dripping sweat.

stuff it

OK, thanks to all of you for replying to my thread. Fluff it, I am hellbent in coming. I will book my holiday tomorrow and make sure I stay in a lush hotel for extra protection.

So....if you see a middle aged, plump, Aussie/Greek babe walking around looking rather dishelved, offer her a drink (red), it probably is me ...KIA, I've read so many of your threads I almost know what you look like...heehee!

Best regards to you all for such a great site.

Come on over and visit! Yes, the humidity is a burden and yes, temperatures are going to be around 30 for several months and yes, there's likely to be a lot of rain as well. However, the skies are usually bluer in May than during the winter months and there are ways to deal with the weather! I had overseas visitors several times last year and looked through the photos yesterday. By far the best shots were taken during the mid-May visit - although I distinctly remember that there were quite a few complaints about mosquitos and humidity.

I arrived here in June last year - straight off the plane from NZ Winter... and spent the first two weeks sightseeing and apartment and job hunting. It was hot and sticky, but it's definitely possible to spend a couple of hours at a time outside (we spent a day at Lamma Island too) .. when it gets too bad just duck into a shop for arctic aircon

Sounds like you really want to visit, so I'd go for it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast