Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MovingIn07

August in Italy

August in Italy

Is it easy to find accomodation under USD100 per night? Woman travelling alone- what are your suggestions?
    I know this has been asked tons on this forum..thank you!

All I know about Italy in August is that it's a peak holiday month for Italians. My company HQ is in Italy and that entire month the whole company shuts down. It's heaven for me and I get some peace and quiet without being bugged by HQ all the time.

well, where in italy? I did 18 days in italy last year from late sept to oct.

aug may not be the best time to go to italy as it is a holiday month + the whole place is swamped with americans.

feel free to pm me if u want to know about traveling in italia!

Depends what standard of accomodation you want - just like everywhere else. We've stayed in hotels in Rome and Naples, for example, for less than USD100 a night but they were certainly not great hotels. On the other hand, if you are talking about backpackers or dormitories then sure, you should be fine. Unfortunately EVERYONE is competing for the same rooms in August, so turning up 'on spec' is probably not such a good idea.. Book ahead!

kittyctc likes this.

You can try B&B Buonanotte Garibaldi Hotel, lovely and only Euro250.00 per night.. Small, family run. But what you will find is, most of the good cheap hotels are booked out already. We are going next April and I could hardly find a good clean cheaper place. Have a lovely time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Koala:
    You can try B&B Buonanotte Garibaldi Hotel, lovely and only Euro250.00 per night.. Small, family run. But what you will find is, most of the good cheap hotels are booked out already. We are going next April and I could hardly find a good clean cheaper place. Have a lovely time!!!!
    "Only" 300 USD per night eh? No wonder it's not booked. The OP was looking for places at less than a THIRD of that.

I think I better start booking right away. Thank you guys.