Ben Harper in Tokyo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Ben Harper in Tokyo

My friends in sydney sent me an email today, talking about how they're sooo excited b.c they are going to the Ben Harper concert tomorrow night (in sydney!). I was really bummed , given there's no Ben Harper concert in HK, and I only missed the sydney concert by a couple of wks.
    I was sitting at work today, and suddenly thought - hmm I wonder if he's playing in Tokyo over a wkend. Which of course he is (June 3 and 10 wkends), and then I thought - I wonder if I could go to Tokyo for the wkend to see the Ben Harper Concert. The answer of course is - Yes, and I've never been to Japan - soo really hmm why am I posting? Well I guess 2 reasons - I know its a fair bit of a money to spend in a wkend (feel free to disagree here) , and perhaps there are other, equally crazy people who may be interested? Or perhaps, this will be a lone thread that no one replies to, and I just get to vent

Either way, thanks for listening - and opinions are welcome!

Thumbs up ben harper

Hey Im from oz, and saw Ben Haper in Sydney a few years ago. It was fantastic. Jack Johnson was supporting and they played together. It was awesome!!!

So I would say if you can afford it try it, if not I'm sure he'll be back in Sydney in no time.

natti, ben harper is a legend - if jack johnson supports, that would be like the best ever concert...

but alas he's prob off on his own tours now...

anyhow..tokyo is a wicked place and has a much more happening music scence than hk....i think you'll really be glad to have splashed out the dough

...me jealous....

You're not the only one willing to dish out the $ to see Ben Harper live. I'm planning on going to Tokyo myself to see his concert on the 10th. I only found out by accident while searching for something else on geoexpat.. so thank you for posting it!!!! My first time in japan too but am more psyched about the concert!!!

OK - now you're encouraging me ;)

Haven't confirmed anything - or decided which wkend - but if I end up their on the 10th, we should catch up for a drink.

Now to convince work to let me take a day off......

What costs are you looking at to fly over to Tokyo to see Ben Harper?

And if Jack Johnson is supporting.. I'd definitely be keen...

Tickets are about $650 HKD, and flights umm about $3000 (I think, I haven't looked at specific flights yet)
    It sounds better if you translate it to pounds

I've chekced out a few flights, and the cheapest i got was for $4343 HKD for a return flight with Cathay Pacific. There might be a better deal.. anyone know of any??

Last edited by bonthorn; 16-05-2006 at 10:58 PM.

It's the Innocent Criminals who will be opening for Ben Harper.I've no idea who they are but i'm sure even if they are horrible, knowing that a great act will be coming up is worth it!
    Tickets are 6500 yen. I had my sister, who's living and teaching there for the year, buy them at a Lawson's store (their equivalent of a 7-11 convenience store). Apparently you purchase the tickets in a vending machine!

I'm in Tokyo that week for work and would love to stay the weekend of the 10th and see Ben Harper if I have people to go with.....is anyone in for sure --tickets purchased yet??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast