help needed hk to shenzhen URGENT!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation help needed hk to shenzhen URGENT!!

Firtsly I have a Chinese (P.R.C) multi-year, multi entry business visa.

Flying into H.K from london, Going to Shenzhen june 16th.

My party will be meeting me at luo Hu (shenzhen station).

From the little information I can gather is that I get to Lu Wu by train from H.K airport, get off, go through the various exit/entry proceedures and then somehow find myself at an unclear location.

I would like help on the following.

Where exactly will I end up after clearing Chinese immigration control ?.

where should I tell me party from Shenzhen where to meet me?. - they suggested meet at luo Hu station but it would appear that I would have to walk there dragging all my luggage with me.

Is it possible to go to Luo Hu (shenzhen) station without getting off the train, as looking at google Earth, cleraly the railway gose through Lo Wu to luo Hu.

I REALLY need help with this asap, I will be etrnally grateful if anybody can help me.

regards, John.

No, you cannot get to the Shenzhen side of Lowu Station without getting off the train. You will have to carry your luggage all the way - that includes immigration. Where to meet depends on whether the other side is already in Shenzhen - which I assume here - or not. You will end up in the immigration hall. If the other side is already in Shenzhen they can't enter it, thus you'd have to meet outside the station. If the other side is going from Hong Kong to Shenzhen as well you could meet at the Bank of China inside the immigration hall - quite a popular meeting point.
    The better option for you would actually be to take the cross border bus from Hong Kong airport to Lok Ma Chau/Huagang border crossing (I'm sure you can look that up at the HK airport website).

I agree with Elle, you DO NOT want to lug your suitcases around the train station in HK and especially through customs once you get to Shenzhen...it would be extremely hard on you. Recommend you take bus (it's a nice bus) from HKIA to Shenzhen.

Wink

Just want to let you know, you can get to lo wu by ferry at HKG airport, then you no need to take bus from airport to town down then connect the train. It's too complex for a vistor.

Why not meet up at--- Huanggang [Coach Service/$100)
    http://www.hongkongairport.com/CBT/C...ler?locale=eng
    --
    Lohu
    Aiport BUS A43-->Sheung Shui KCR Station-->Lowu (HK)-->Lohu
    Coach-->Huanggang-->(taxi)-->Lohu

Huangang-- 22.526314N 114.072290E in Google Earth

Ferry --> SHEKOU>Lohu

Last edited by humanbeing; 07-06-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Wink

I'm sorry for my over looked. If you want to go to Lo Wu station, HKG airport have the coach serivce for you from airport to Lo Wu directly. It cost HKD150 for one way ticket and it takes around 1.5 hrs. from airport to Lo Wu. For you information, the coach serivce providing form 7:00am to 11:00pm which is 30mins per time.You can buy the ticket at A8 counter at arrival hall.

By the way, you can meet your friend at Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen because the coach service have the stopover in Lo Wu at Shangri-La Hotel.It is nearby the Lo Wu station.

http://www.trans-island.com.hk/china...html#hkairport
    香港國際機場 ==> 深圳市
    Lohu $130 <Transfer to another bus at Huanggang!!!>
    No need transfer-Huanggang only-$100
    09:45 / 10:30 / 11:15 / 11:45 / 12:15 / 12:45 / 13:15 / 13:45 / 14:30 / 15:15 / 15:45 / 16:15 / 16:45 / 17:30 / 18:15 / 19:00 / 19:45 / 20:50 /
    *21:50 *Huangang Only

DEAR HUMANBEING,

woo~~ take the bus to huanggang and connect another bus again to Lo Wu just for only HKD20 (USD 3 dollar) cheaper ? Is it necessary? Did you really think a visitor will stupid enough to do that? Did you really think it is necessary for a traveler to buy a ticket to huangguang with HKD100 or HKD130 then transfer again and again? crazy~ If i were him , i sure I will pay HKD150 to get my destination directly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast