malaysia- beach holiday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

malaysia- beach holiday

Hi,

My friend and I are looking to go to Malaysia in september for a short holiday- no more than one week. We basically want a nice hotel, gorgeous beach, fun activites etc. but cant decide between sabah, langkawi, penang (the list goes on). Does anyone have any reviews or suggestions on where's nicest?

Thanks!

Forget Langkawi and Penang if you want a gorgeous beach, instead had east, like Tioman or Pulau Rendang. More quiet there than Penang or Langkawi though.

definately Kota Kinabalu. Great beaches, lots of green and trekking, great seafoods (infact, heard some seafoods in HK are imported from there), white water rafting, Mount KK climbing etc...

Hi thanks for the advice! Have now decided on Pulau Redang.

great choice. im sure you won't regret it.

Just came back from Kota Kinabalu and wasn't overly impressed with the beach. Not too clean and not the gorgeous powder white soft sand everyone likes - more the coarse yellower stuff similar to British beaches.

Good luck in Palau Redang and let us know how you get on!

I always think Thailand beaches are way better than Malaysian as I ve been to those 2 countries. 1st of all, I am not a big fan of Malaysian food. Thai food is the best! Langkawi is better than Penang for sure if you talking about beach in Malaysia. good luck!

Interesting. Why not go to Thailand or Philippines - closer and better beaches from what I've heard. Tell us how it was though, never been to a beach in Malaysia.

Hi, if you just want to hang out at the resort the whole time all of them should be fine. However Langkawi is a bit bereft of things to do if ou want to explire surrounding areas.
    Penang is a lively and interesting town to check out but the beaches there are terribly over rated. Persobally KK in Sabah would be mt pick because of tge nice balance between beaches andlocal culture. Its also friendlier and less commercial than the other two. The fresh seafood restaurants are also magnificent.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by Loz_2; 30-07-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast