Hong Kong skyscrapers / high-rise buildings / views

Closed Thread

Hong Kong skyscrapers / high-rise buildings / views

I'm very interested in visiting some skyscrapers and high-rise buildings and also getting great views while visiting HK in a few weeks time. I already know about the following places where you can get a great view, but are there any more?

• The centre, 99 Queen's Rd., Central
      (skylobby, 42nd floor)
    • Bank of China
      (skylobby/tourist desk, 43rd floor)
    • Central plaza, WanChai
      (skylobby, 46th floor)
    • HKSBC building
      (3rd floor -cathedral like atrium)
    • IFC 2 building (HK monetary association, 55th floor)
    • R-66 revolving restaurant, Hopewell centre
      (62th floor) dim sum etc.
    • HK cultural centre (south side -beginning of viewing platform/entry to promenade)
    • Excelsior hotel, ToTT's ("talk of the town" restaurant) (34th floor)
    • The peak
    • Tsim Sha Tsui promenade (great for viewing "symphony of lights)

The terrasse/balcony of the China Club (old Bank of China) on Bank Street.
    Banker's Club on 43rd floor of Landmark

Felix bar in the Peninsula hotel - great view of the HK skyline from high up. And if you are really brave, go for a helicopter ride, they take off from 2 floors above the felix bar. For a view of skyscrapers it is absolutely awesome and costs about $1000 per person for half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    Felix bar in the Peninsula hotel - great view of the HK skyline from high up.
    Cool! I suppose the prices reflect the hotel's standard
    But I hope you can order something simple there without having to take a mortgange on the house.

And if you are really brave, go for a helicopter ride, they take off from 2 floors above the felix bar. For a view of skyscrapers it is absolutely awesome and costs about $1000 per person for half an hour.
    That would be something! I did some google searching and came up with site for Heliservice HK Ltd. which run this, and according to their price list you pay for renting the whole helicopter, so that would be HK$ 1250 for each person. Still expensive, but if I had the money.... we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    The terrasse/balcony of the China Club (old Bank of China) on Bank Street.
    Banker's Club on 43rd floor of Landmark
    Didn't know about those.
    Is it a China club open to members only, do you have to pay to get in or what? Is there a viewing deck there where I can take pictures?
    What about Landmark? Is that the Landmark Mandarin hotel? And do you have to be a member of the banker's club to go inside (and hopefully take some pictures from the view as well)?
    Last edited by pacman; 11-07-2006 at 07:49 PM.

Yes sorry both are member.
    I second the Felix option given earlier. You can simply get a drink for around 80 HKD and enjoy the view

Quote Originally Posted by pacman:
    That would be something! I did some google searching and came up with site for Heliservice HK Ltd. which run this, and according to their price list you pay for renting the whole helicopter, so that would be HK$ 1250 for each person. Still expensive, but if I had the money.... we'll see.
    There is a booking desk in the lobby of the Peninsula but I used a company I found online. You did have to book the whole helicopter, it was $5,000 for 5 of us. We did a tour over to the new airport, round the buddha, over the roof of my house in Lantau, back to HK then round HK island via Aberdeen, Stanley, Chai Wan to the Bank of China Building and then loop back to land on the Peninsula.

I must say that it was one of the best trips of my life, we took over 200 photos between us and worth every penny in my view. Then again I have never been in a helicopter before and that was part of the thrill.

I booked it for a friend's birthday who was visiting with his wife in HK. We told him we were going to the Felix for a birthday drink (the silly sod had to be born on xmas eve!). You get a different lift up to the clipper rooms at the top. It was only when a guy in an orange jump suit came to meet us for a safety briefing that the penny dropped. The views from the clipper rooms are better than the felix as it is one floor higher.