Kowloon Tong to Kowloon Station

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kowloon Tong to Kowloon Station

Hi,

I am looking for the quickest route from Kowloon Tong to Kowloon Airport Express station. I it's possible to get there via a roundabout MTR journey, but does anyone know if there is a quicker way of doing using a combination of buses/taxis/MTR?

Thanks!

this is a tricky one

probably catch the MTR to Mong Kok and then catch bus 904, 905 or 970 to kowloon station

or just take East Rail to Hung Hom and then West rail to Austin Station and walk from there to Kowloon station (5 mins). Although there are no formal doorways for the elements mall (will need to wait until HSR mall is built) you can slip into the building through the bus exit points.

slip into elements here

Last edited by East_coast; 11-07-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks! Does the bus take long from Mong Kok? Presume these are the double decker buses (sorry don't take buses in HK often!)?

Would there be a direct bus from your residence in Kowloon Tong to either Nan Cheong or Olympic MTR station. From there you can use the MTR to Kowloon station. Kowloon airport express station is a short lift ride away.

Is your final destination the international airport itself or just Kowloon airport express station?

Quote Originally Posted by matt264:
    Thanks! Does the bus take long from Mong Kok? Presume these are the double decker buses (sorry don't take buses in HK often!)?
    All those buses are frequent, however depends on the time of day. It travels in a roundabout way down Nathan road to TST before swinging back to Kowloon station. Estimation on travelling time - anything from 10-30mins.

what is wrong with a 5 min walk from Austin?

East Coast is right. I walk the Austin station to Airport express (ICC building) most mornings and takes about 10 minutes.

When you get to Austin station go up to esculators until you get to the elements walkover which takes you directly to the shopping centre. It's undercover and not too hot in the current climate.

Once you get to Hung Hum station the Tuen Mun line is on the same platform.

Kowloon Tong to Kowloon on the MTR is 24 minutes worst case (probably about 22 normally) and costs $5.5. I really don't think you're going to do much better than that assuming you are starting close to Kowloon Tong MTR.

http://www.mtr.com.hk/jplanner/flash_eng/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    what is wrong with a 5 min walk from Austin?
    Nothing is wrong with this route. It is a viable solution based on the OP's original post. Actually prefer this one over the Mongkok route (which is also doable) as waiting for trains are more bearable then waiting time for buses. For me, anyway.

It may not be the best, but here's one more route to consider:
    Train to Hung Hom, then to East Tsim Sha Tsui; then minibus 77M from
    East Tsim Sha Tsui Stn to Kowloon Stn.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast