Like Tree1Likes

Aerosol Can Deoderant in Check in Luggage

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aerosol Can Deoderant in Check in Luggage

Hi,

Just wondering, is it still OK to pack spray on aerosol deoderant in your check in luggage?

Last time i flew quantas and cathay it was fine.

For carry-on its not.

Original Post Deleted
    It's fine or has been the last couple of dozen times I have flown

Cathay's rules are clear:
    For safety and security reasons, dangerous goods such as those listed below, must not be carried in passenger's baggage (checked or unchecked):
    {...}
    * compressed gases (flammable, non-flammable or poisonous) such as {...}, aerosols{...};

{...}
    Medicines and toiletries in limited quantities which are necessary for your journey, such as hair sprays, perfumes and medicines containing alcohol, may be carried on board. Further information is available on request.
    So this is obviously some strange usage of the word "fine" that I was not previously aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Cathay's rules are clear:

So this is obviously some strange usage of the word "fine" that I was not previously aware of.
    Fine as in they didn't complain when I went through the checks with it.

not sure which part of

Medicines and toiletries in limited quantities which are necessary for your journey, such as hair sprays, perfumes and medicines containing alcohol, may be carried on board. Further information is available on request.

is unclear to you. Aerosol deodorant is clearly a toiletry and hardly an unreasonable one. Feel free to check with Cathay if it is still unclear to you, like they invite you to on the bottom!

{what's the point}

Last edited by PDLM; 21-07-2010 at 12:47 PM.

I read it, and I guess you are trying to make a point as to what constitutes carrying on board - in fact I thought you would try to make this point before you made it - as you are an outrageous pedant.

My view is that both checked in luggage and carried on luggage are carried on board the aircraft and as such deodorant is permitted in checked in luggage. This is confirmed by my experience, and other experiences posted in this thread.

Feel free to contact Cathay and find out if you think I'm wrong, until then I'll go on checking in my toiletries and think nothing more about it.

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!

{what's the point}

Last edited by PDLM; 21-07-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Additionally, please check here

http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/c...AG_leaflet.pdf

where it clearly states aerosols under 100ml may be carried on in carry on luggage but liquids in containers greater than 100ml must be checked in.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast