Like Tree11Likes

North Korea Have You Been Yet?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Smile North Korea Have You Been Yet?

Has any one been to North korea? I found out a lot of agencies offer really high price, But <snip snip snip> offer nearly half price than other agencies. Has anyone been through this agency? Could you give me some advice?

Last edited by shri; 23-07-2010 at 06:16 PM.

personally, i would not want to put ANY money into the hands of kim jong il....

Here are a couple of good links.

Vice Guide to North Korea 1 of 3 - The Vice Guide to Travel | VBS.TV
    North Korea Story pg. 1 - Axis of Evil World Tour

I have seriously thought about going, but because of the cost, the PITA, the political situation currently and not really wanting to put money in to Kim's back pocket, I have not gone.

Have found better things to do.

Boycotting and isolation really work... See how much Cuba and NK have evolved and changed in the last 50 years.

I'd say go with a clear conscience and think of it as bringing a little light to a very dark place instead

Sigga, physdude1 and Dreadnought like this.

Are you crazy? Why on earth would you want to put money into hands of Kim Jong Il and his merry band of murderers? How on earth can you be a party to the contiued exploitation and starvation of the people of North Korea? Unless you have a tape recorder and a hidden camera, anyone going to DPRK should be ashamed of themsevles.

I suppose the attraction is that there aren't that many other places easier to get into where you can observe, well fed and with your very own hand picked government minion, the suffering of an oppressed and starving people - I assume you've already visited Myanmar?

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Boycotting and isolation really work... See how much Cuba and NK have evolved and changed in the last 50 years.

I'd say go with a clear conscience and think of it as bringing a little light to a very dark place instead
    It isn't a question of whether boycotting 'works' but whether you feel OK about propping up the worst regime on earth. Cuba is a worker's paradise compared to North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    It isn't a question of whether boycotting 'works' but whether you feel OK about propping up the worst regime on earth. Cuba is a worker's paradise compared to North Korea.
    You can look at it on different ways, some of the money you spend will directly go in the hands of people that really need it. On top of it, it's with things like trade, exchange and tourism that change is best effected not by isolation.

oops wrong posting! sorry

Last edited by Stockas; 23-07-2010 at 01:57 PM.

There was a poster on here a year or so ago who was going to go to NOrth Korea - but he fancied it without the tour guide. He vanished and never reappeared on the site.....

look how happy they look

in my opinion, the only thing worth seeing in NK is the prison.

Last edited by dumbdonkey; 23-07-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Freetrader likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast