Like Tree2Likes

Frequent Travel to Shenzhen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frequent Travel to Shenzhen

In a couple weeks I will be moving to China with my girlfriend. Inconveniently, the best job I could find was in Hong Kong and the best job she could find was in Shenzhen.
    My plan over the next year is to spend as much time with her as possible, so I'm wondering about getting between the two cities on a fairly regular basis. As a Canadian with multi-entry permits in China, she should have no problem coming over to Hong Kong as often as she wants (I'm assuming). But for me to get to Shenzhen at least 2-3 times a month, what are my best options?

From the research I've done so far, I understand there is a pretty straight forward Shenzhen visa that I can get at the border with little hassle. But is there a limit to how many I can get?
    I also understand that there are longer-term multiple entry visas for China that I can get if I'm a resident of Hong Kong. Does a working permit and a job qualify me for this? Will I face problems with a multi-entry visa when I will potentially enter China 20 times a year? Are there any options that I'm no aware of?
    Finally, what's the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to get between Hong Kong Island and the Nanshan area of Shenzhen?
    Thanks,
    Dave

If you have a work visa in HK then you will be resident, and that will make it easier to get China visas. If you've never been to China before that may entail a couple of double entry visas before they will allow a multi entry one- all case by case, nothing can be assumed when dealing with China officialdom.

With multi entry you can cross as often as you like, you're only going a few times, there are people that cross a 100 or couple of hundred times a year for business and visiting.

If your gf is in Nanshan then best border point would be Shenzhen Bay, a vehicle crossing. Usually you'd get coach , but not sure from where HK side. Once you get to the immigration building run through and grab a taxi the other side.

Do not however attempt to travel at times of Chinese holidays, the crossing there maybe the quietest and easiest but by the same token is worst than the rest at these times due to size limits. Can take way over an hour to get through at those times.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jaykay; 04-08-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Usually you'd get coach , but not sure from where HK side.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    there is a coach takes you direct to SZ from Wanchai, at the Wanchai main bus stop which is right next to the hung hum ferry pier

hk$85 return and the journey takes abt 45 min

you have to get off when at the HK border, then get back to the same coach after you cross the HK border where they will take you to the CN border

if you take the same coach back to HK, they can drop you off at sheung wan at shun tak centre as well

After getting the multi entry, the main problem is that your and your girlfriends' passports will get filled up with both Chinese and HK entry and exit stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by cow1201:
    you have to get off when at the HK border, then get back to the same coach after you cross the HK border where they will take you to the CN border
    You are thinking Lok Ma Chau/Huanggang crossing. At Shenzhen Bay both HK and China immigration are in same building so you enter in HK and exit in China and away you go.
    Posted via Mobile Device

For Shenzhen Bay border crossing,there are buses in Hong kong from Kowloon Station and Wanchai ferry pier -as well as probably more places.

See Transport Department for a full list.

If you qualify for an APEC travel card, it is very convenient since you will no longer need a visa for entry to China.

is there any coach service from shenzhen bay to hk island or kowloon, all buses and minibuses to this place are from NT towns stated on gov webpage link?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    is there any coach service from shenzhen bay to hk island or kowloon, all buses and minibuses to this place are from NT towns stated on gov webpage link?
    Chinalink run through that crossing to Shenzhen airport.

CTS also run buses to Shenzhen Bay.
    Last edited by drumbrake; 04-08-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

I've always used the coach from the Kowloon Tong bus station.

imparanoic likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast