Like Tree3Likes

Multiple Entry Visa for China

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks all - great to see that you guys on Geoexpat are as helpful as you always were. We've contacted some of the agents recommended. Cheers again!

If you qualify for an APEC travel card, you do not need any visa at all to visit China as well as a bunch of other countries. This is a very handy card that for some reason most people dont even know exists. The US is currently in a 3 year transitional period, where its citizens are not eligible for the card yet, but overseas APEC card holders can use it at US airports for expedited immigration clearance.

But US citizens should be able to apply for this card soon. Its been available to Aussies for years.

APEC travel card application rather than visa application rejected.

From the letter " A Hong Kong immigration officer told me that many Apec business travellers recently have been rejected by China."

I understood the letter as the writer applying to renew his APEC travel card, and that China rejected his application. As I think you apply for the APEC travel card through the HK immigration department (if you are a HK permanent resident), then the HK immigration officer would know if applicants had been rejected or not.

Can anyone recommend how I should go about getting a multiple-entry visa for China?

I have:
    - US Passport
    - HK Permanent ID Card
    - Single entry China visa that was valid for 3 months from 1993

Is it better to apply for the multiple-entry visa while I am in the US or should I wait until I reach Hong Kong?

Thanks!

I would say wait to you reach HK - you can apply for a 3 year multi-entry visa here. (This is assuming you don't need to go to China the same day you arrive in HK)

I have heard that the wait time in HK is 4 business days which is why I would prefer to apply for the visa in the US before I arrive in HK. But the 4 day wait may be worth getting the 3 year multi-entry visa. Thanks for the reply!

I have applied at CITS
    ( with HKPIDC, foreign passport, and previous China working visa ) and was given 1 year mutiple entry / 30 days per stay.)
    It is my understanding that they first give you 1 year and AFTER THAT they give you 2 or even 3 years )
    I don't know what experience PDLM's statement is based on.
    And I would not necessarily take it for granted that you get 3 years here.