Discovery Bay: Cheaper way to go between Discovery Bay, Central and Kowloon?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Discovery Bay: Cheaper way to go between Discovery Bay, Central and Kowloon?

Hello!

I'm looking for a cheaper way to go between Discovery Bay, Central and Kowloon.

My boyfriend lives in Discovery Bay, so I go over to his place once or twice a week. Since I don't live there, I don't have a free pass and thus it costs me around $36 I think, (?) to get there. So to go from Central to Discovery Bay then back costs $72. Then to get home, I have to ride a cab from the pier to Kowloon MTR Station. Most of the time I go home after the MTR closes, so I end up paying around... $90. In total that's $162... which is a lot to pay for a day's transport

Can anyone help me find a way to save some money? I don't think there'll be a way to make the ferry fee any cheaper so I've given up on that... Are there any busses that I can take from the Discovery Bay Pier to... maybe Mong Kok or Jordan so that I can cab from there instead of going through the tunnel on a taxi? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

wow...the best way is to catch the last train,ha,its hard if the mtr closed,in daytime,you can take the bus (DB01R $9.1) to tung chung or (DB03R $ 9.1)sunny bay station,and catch the last train at around 0030 ($13.8 by octopus from tung chung and $11.6 from sunny bay!!)

but why dont u ask your bf?

Last edited by mellowhk; 09-08-2010 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooogy:
    Since I don't live there, I don't have a free pass
    Eh? Some misunderstanding there. You can buy tickets in bulk, but that isn't a free pass, it just reduces the prices slightly.

Of course there are night buses from Central to Mong Kok.

Just get yourself a more conveniently located boyfriend, darlin'. He's not worth it.

Here you go.

Take the bus from DB to Tung chung (i think its runs overnight as well).
    Gett off at Tung Chung stattion. if MTR is not in service, take exit "D", cross the road and at the bus stattion take bus "N11, (E11 in the day")
    this goes to central. Will drop you close to Kowloon MTR (10 mins walk) and then also goes to cerntral, wanchai etc.
    google fo it detailed route.
    bus from DB to TC=10Hk$
    N11 to central= 34hk$. total 44hk$

if you do it b4 midnight, db to tc=10hk$ then E11 to kowloon (drops u right next to ICC in kowloon) = 23hk, total =33 hk!

Hong Kong station to Sunny Bay 23 mins & $16.60
    Kowloon station to Sunny Bay 20 mins & $11.00
    Sunny Bay to DB 15 mins and $10

or drive and park in Sunny Bay car park $5/hr

F.A.O. East_coast:

Remind me again, how much are the tunnel/bridge tolls?
    Posted via Mobile Device

$35 only eastbound for airport (westbound is free).

$20 for CHT each way

+5 dollars per hour parking and the bus fare to and from DB, makes it more expensive than taking even the ferry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast