rental car bangkok

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    . A 100 Baht ride can easily become 500 Baht in places like Phuket, Hua Hin and Pattaya.
    Only if you completely forget to ask them to turn on the meter, which would be a bit silly. Or they turn on the meter and it's going at double or triple the rate (in that case you just pay what you think fair and walk away, these scam artists know very well they are breaking the law).

Many of these places don't have many(or any) meter taxis and prey on the unfamiliar tourists who don't really care about a couple of Euros. I'd do the same if I were in their position.

Many of these places don't have many(or any) meter taxis and prey on the unfamiliar tourists who don't really care about a couple of Euros. I'd do the same if I were in their position.
    Absolutely, but after spending months in Thailand over the years I've never had to take an unmetered taxi or get my wallet raped by a 500bhat taxi/tuk tuk/moto ride. If you let someone take your money, they will.

You're going to wait a long time for a meter taxi in Hua Hin or in any place in Phuket except the town and the airport. I wouldn't exactly call 10USD a rape but I guess it depends on ow cheap you are...

You're going to wait a long time for a meter taxi in Hua Hin or in any place in Phuket except the town and the airport. I wouldn't exactly call 10USD a rape but I guess it depends on ow cheap you are...
    They're all laughing at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Millions of little motorcycles, hundreds of thousands of tuk tuk and motorcycle drivers most of whom are hopped up on Ya Baa (type of amphetamine favoured by many in the Thai driving profession), crazy taxi drivers from rural provinces, traffic rules which are only there to be broken. Are you insane or a just a superb driver with Lewis Hamilton like reflexes?

I guess I am a little of both