Like Tree2Likes

not the usual suspects

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

not the usual suspects

where would people recommend in asia apart from the usual suspects so i mean the smaller or less common places?

anyone been to fiji or tibet for example?

nepal
    tibet
    mongolia

there is something to see in every country of the world. it all depends on what YOU like, what YOU want to do, what YOU want to spend, how long YOU want to go for...

i realise there is something to see in every country of the world but when there is a limited budget with limited time, recommendations, tips and advice are very useful.

Tibet for sure. It's a unique place and leaves an impression on most who go there.

Taiwan is very friendly and quick to get to from here.

fromagefrais likes this.

Yunnan and Sichuan provinces in China are far more ethnically diverse than the rest of the country, so there is a great variety of foods, languages and cultures, alongside great areas of natural beauty.

bookblogger - would you say going to tibet is more of a cultural or religious experience?

Can be both, depends on your own feelings. I found the Tibetans' continued devotion to Buddhism and to the Dalai Lama, despite 50 years of oppression, very inspiring.

There are about 17,000 islands that make up Indonesia. You can rub elbows with 8.8 million people in Jakarta, sail to uninhabited islands or settle on on a spot that falls in between. Sure Bali, Java and Lom Bok are "usual suspects," but you can really get off the beaten path without much effort. I've been to six islands and am eager to explore more. Only about 16,994 to go.

Last edited by huja; 15-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fromagefrais:
    i realise there is something to see in every country of the world but when there is a limited budget with limited time, recommendations, tips and advice are very useful.
    In which case it would be helpful if you were a bit more specific.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast