Like Tree9Likes

Chinese embassy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Chinese embassy

Anybody can tell me adrress of Chinese Embassy in Hong Kong? Where can apply for chinese visa?
    Thanks a lot.

If you mean a visa to go to mainland China from HK then go to the China Travel Service.

The Official China embassy is at Wan Chai, please look for China Resources Building. These is where you deal with all the visas.

Save Some Money

By all means I would not recommend China Travel Services for a China visa. Go to the China Embassy in person and you will save alot of money and potential headaches.
    I recently used China Travel Services for a 6 month double entry business(F) visa(for USA citizen) and they charged me $820.00 HKD.
    Last week I decided to do it myself and I went to the China Embassy in Wan Chai(26 Harbour Road, China Resources building facing the Immigration Tower Building). The clerk that helped me at the China Embassy told me that the China visa I received from China Travel Services for $820 would have cost me $590 if I had done it myself.
    I would also recommend calling their automated recording that will specifically tell you all of the china visa requirements and what you will need to bring. Their number is: 3413-2300. Also, it may help to print out a China visa application form beforehand(available on the internet) and fill it out. In addition you will want photocopies of your HK I.D card, a photocopy of your permit to work/live in HK and of course, your passport with at least 6 months time left before expiration. As a final note, ask for the cheapest option for a timeframe for the visa to be completed. They charge anywhere from $250 to $500 HKD for 1 or 2 day service. You do not need this. I asked for the 4 business day option at no charge and they actually told me I could pick up my visa in 2 days.
    Good luck to you and here's hoping you have a smooth, hassle-free experience.

gunsnroses and fuzzysocks like this.

KC Paul,
    I am assuming you mean you applied in person at the "Office of the Commissioner Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China" (I don't think they call it "China Embassy"...please let me know if this is incorrect). My question is...do they keep your passport for several days while they process your visa application?

Thanks

Consulate=Embassy?

Hello JMU,

I have always been told that the Ameican Consulate in Hong Kong is also considered the Ameican Embassy. Maybe technically, that assessment may be wrong, I'm not sure.
    However, my receipt for the China visa is titled 'Consular Department Of The Commissioner Office Of Foreign Ministry Of P.R.China In Hong Kong S.A.R.
    Would other people consider this the China Embassy in Hong Kong?
    Also in answer to your question about my passport, yes, they did require to keep my passport for two days in order to process the China visa. This is so that they can insert the visa on your passport page.
    I hope that answers your questions.

Best Wishes,

Paul

KC Paul,
    thanks, I'm got visa just for two days.

one more question: for canadian passport for get multivisa need hongkong I.D. card?

All the girls who work at the embassy r real bitches and fugly as hell. i hate them. good luck with them...

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wh1t3ang3184:
    All the girls who work at the embassy r real bitches and fugly as hell. i hate them. good luck with them...
    i was there today... i agree with you as well...
    absolutely no manners...

i was shocked at her manners....!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast