Like Tree56Likes

bangkok with children

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ok, now i'm taking my daughter... time for me to get my teeth fixed! she is 5.5 years old, the same as my boy was when we went.

this time round we are staying at Aspen Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 2.

Just wondering if there is anything new going on in and around BKK? we'll Looking to update the thread.... we'll be there for 11 days again, but will likely have to spend 3-4 of them at the dentist.

What kind of dental work is a 5.5 yr old getting that last 3~4 days

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    Ok, now i'm taking my daughter... time for me to get my teeth fixed! she is 5.5 years old, the same as my boy was when we went.

this time round we are staying at Aspen Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 2.

Just wondering if there is anything new going on in and around BKK? we'll Looking to update the thread.... we'll be there for 11 days again, but will likely have to spend 3-4 of them at the dentist.
    Are you here now? I am, returning Sunday. The traffic around Sukumvit has been dire - I ended up just walking everywhere even though that involved wading through 6 inch deep puddles last night in the rain (thank goodness for hiking sandals!) and taking my chances on all the other obstacles in the path.

I have a colleague at the same meeting staying in Apsen Suites, they say it's great.

Thunda: if you read my post, yiu will see that i am the one having work donw this thime....two root canals, crowns & maybe a wisdom tooth out.

Moving: we arrive on wednesday. Will you stilk be there?

Thanks for the weather tip. Will make sure to bring multiple prs of shoes!

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    Thunda: if you read my post, yiu will see that i am the one having work donw this thime....two root canals, crowns & maybe a wisdom tooth out.

Moving: we arrive on wednesday. Will you stilk be there?

Thanks for the weather tip. Will make sure to bring multiple prs of shoes!

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Alas - leaving tomorrow. Been here since Tuesday. Bring an umbrella and a torch. Side streets can be quite dark and torch highlights obstacles!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Carang is it safe to do something like this in BKK? How about the safety issues, adequate stirilization of needles and dental tools, lack of qualifications from "dentists" etc? Risk of hepatitis, HIV etc?

I would much prefer either HK, Japan, Korea, Australia, etc.

Remember you get you pay for. There was recently an article I read about botched proceedures from "medical tourists" coming to Thailand. Please be careful and reconsider. You do NOT want to get sick over there, let alone the hassle and cost of travel, dangerous taxi drivers, etc.

What is the need to go to BKK vs doing it in HK?

The hospitals such as http://www.bumrungrad.com/thailandhospital are some of the best in the world randy.

The main reason is cost. Dental work in HK is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    Carang is it safe to do something like this in BKK? How about the safety issues, adequate stirilization of needles and dental tools, lack of qualifications from "dentists" etc? Risk of hepatitis, HIV etc?
    Clearly you know nothing about BKK and the hospitals there.
    What is the need to go to BKK vs doing it in HK?
    Cost, a fraction of what it would cost here.

BTW: for those who want something different but same, Bumrungrad has a Manila operation too.

I should add that we avoid Bumrungrad as they are overpriced as far as top hospitals go. Since they have the reputation, they charge a reputation premium. Far cheaper to visit Bankok hospital, Bangkok Nursing Home etc. My family prefers Samitivej
    http://www.samitivejhospitals.com
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 06-10-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Is this where Carang is going? To hospital?

You get what you pay for. I would NOT want to be having anything like this done in either BKK or Manila. Google for horror stories, botched ops, infections, death etc.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    Is this where Carang is going? To hospital?
    Yup
    You get what you pay for.
    Like Park Island?
    I would NOT want to be having anything like this done in either BKK or Manila.
    Your opinion is not shared by many.
    http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/.../en/index.html

http://www.patientsbeyondborders.com...atistics-facts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-dev...-professionals

Google for horror stories, botched ops, infections, death etc.
    I look forward to being educated by you....
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 06-10-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    bryant.english likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast