HK's new budget airline takes off

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

i've flown oasis several times, they're absolutely fine. you can't argue with the prices and the in flight service is good.

What was the inflight av system like?

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    What was the inflight av system like?
    Not so hot admittedly. Going out to London they provided headphones that didn't quite fit the sockets so I only got one ear working! No problem with the headphones on the way back (low quality but worked fine). The films aren't that up to date, but there's a reasonable selection - I found a couple worth watching. About 10-15 channels I think (economy).

Reason not to fly Oasis

One word - Gatwick.

Flew them to see if OK and although the flights ok and the people nice, the UK side is miserable.

The Swissport people they use are rude, unhelpfull and the BAA system at Gatwick is a disgrace. ONE HOUR to get through from check in to the lounge. They also ( like th HK side ) put the plane in the furthest part of the airport with at least 15 minutes to get to it ( Gatwick ).

No , shall never ever use them again or advise others to do so.

My next trip will be on Air New Zealand. Just as cheap overall and into LHR. Which , although is still a mega headache to traverse in Term 3 is SMILES better that LGW

Its a shame for Oasis the company, which is definately trying hard and deserves to succeed. Stantead or Luton would have been a better hub for them me thinks. LGW ?? No NEVER .

hello

im kinda stuck in hong kong airport..do you know any cheap airlines flying to moscow..i missed my flight actually n i hv limited amount of cash..

Quote Originally Posted by SirRonald:
    im kinda stuck in hong kong airport..do you know any cheap airlines flying to moscow..i missed my flight actually n i hv limited amount of cash..
    Ummm nope none, Have you tried aeroflot? if so good luck! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SirRonald:
    Sell your knighthood?

??

Aeroflot is not really bad, probably better than Air China when we are talking about international routes.

To the OP: Cathay and HK Airlines both offer special rates to Moscow. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD:
    Aeroflot is not really bad
    I thought it was really terrible. And I'm no stranger to ropey airlines: I've flown Biman Bangladesh, Tarom, Malev, etc. Mind you, having to spend time in Moscow airport was the worst part of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Mind you, having to spend time in Moscow airport was the worst part of the experience.
    What's wrong with 10,000 types of flavoured vodka and a ceiling decorated with a million lidless cake tins?